SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Doesn't have to be Vargas, Eamesy old chap. I could give you a list of left-sided alternatives (most of which have a better temperament than N'Zogbia anyway).

Reading the above, what the **** is Whelan on? If he was the best wide player in the Premiership, United would have bought him ahead of Young and Liverpool would have bought him ahead of Downing. Seriously, we should walk away. Go in for whoever we've got as a back-up choice then return to Wigan in January with half our current offer.

Whelan told Goal.com: “Aston Villa are still offering nine million and I want 10 million. They offered nine and I said 'no thanks, you will have to make it 10 and then you can talk to him'. Other clubs are interested so there is no way I will be going down to nine million

So sell him to those other clubs then you big fucktard, why moan about Villa.

Sounds to me that Whelan is getting twitchy.

Only ourselves have bid, they cannot do anything in regards to transfers until he is sold and N'Zogbia is rumoured to be thinking of striking (which may lower his value)

I think we can get him for £9m

Doesn't have to be Vargas, Eamesy old chap. I could give you a list of left-sided alternatives (most of which have a better temperament than N'Zogbia anyway).

Reading the above, what the **** is Whelan on? If he was the best wide player in the Premiership, United would have bought him ahead of Young and Liverpool would have bought him ahead of Downing. Seriously, we should walk away. Go in for whoever we've got as a back-up choice then return to Wigan in January with half our current offer.

I've started to warm to the idea though Gareth.

I can think of a few RBs in the PL who would benefit from having their nosed smashed to pieces by a Peruvian short elbow. :D

Whelan will loose face if he sell for 9 million, because he talks to much to the press. So it will be something more included to the 9 million and I think that is what they are talking about now

Whelan will loose face if he sell for 9 million, because he talks to much to the press. So it will be something more included to the 9 million and I think that is what they are talking about now

Who will know if he sells for £10m. The fee will undoubtedly be 'Undisclosed'. But I agree it will probably be a sell on fee like we did with Ash.

“We said 10 million and I am not going to let him go for a penny less. They have got £20m for Downing and they would be stealing N’Zogbia for 10 million. Stealing him. He is the best wide player in the Premier League without question so I can’t understand what they are doing.

Basically, we would have got him for 9m if we had bought him before selling Downing.

My only question is, how can Whelan justify adding an extra million solely off the back off us selling Downing?!

Greedy bstard

I can’t understand what they are doing

We're playing the ****' asking price from January for a player that only has one year left on his contract. I can't believe Whelan is comparing the sale of Downing to that of N'Zogbia.

Also Mr Whelan it does not matter how many teams you mention, you could name all other 19 premier league teams. That doesn't mean they'll bid for your player.

My only question is, how can Whelan justify adding an extra million solely off the back off us selling Downing?!

Because ATM he can??

Greedy bstard

That's right!!

But he can be if he wants? It's his money?

And if our Board weren't a bunch of rank amateurs then maybe buying The Zog before selling Downing would have made sense? But hey we're Aston Villa and nothing we do seems to make sense at the moment?

It now seems to have become a bit of a face saving point.

Why not simply meet in the middle? An extra 500k wont make a bit of a difference to a premiership football club!

Why not simply meet in the middle? An extra 500k wont make a bit of a difference to a premiership football club!

By doing the deal now and not on the last day of the window Wigan will save 6 weeks wages (£250-£300k?)

By doing the deal now and not on the last day of the window Wigan will save 6 weeks wages (£250-£300k?)

Exactly, they seem to be squabbling over peanuts!

“We said 10 million and I am not going to let him go for a penny less. They have got £20m for Downing and they would be stealing N’Zogbia for 10 million. Stealing him. He is the best wide player in the Premier League without question so I can’t understand what they are doing.

Basically, we would have got him for 9m if we had bought him before selling Downing.

Greedy bstard

Its like a newsagent saying, that paper is normally £1 but its £1:50 to you because you won on a scratchcard last week.

Its like a newsagent saying, that paper is normally £1 but its £1:50 to you because you won on a scratchcard last week.

But sadly the purveyor of said newsagents knows that his newspapers may be better than the newspapers in other outlets, and also knows you just sold your best newspaper before entering his shop :winkold: