SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

I think their website editor needs sacking: Friday July 24th....Wednesday July 27th? Makes sense.

July 24th is Sunday, I should know, that's my birthday Laughing

Ha hadn't noticed. Can't find out when Wigan fly out to Austria, just says "later this week...."

Villa fly out Saturday so that leaves Thursday and Friday as 2 days ...then the trip begins.

Hmmm. #couldbeahint

the sooner this transfers done, the better, we need him simple as that.

he will improve the squad and is a quality player, the longer we drag this out the greater the possibillity of this not happening

Been given some info so thought I would share. Comes from a Wigan fan in our pub in Orrell who has had stuff before but usually around team selection and injuries though I am told so dunno for sure how trustworthy he is.

Told me N'zogbia isn't sold on Villa and is questioning ambition of club, thinks its to do with transfer or lack of at Villa. Reckons his agent is prolonging things too waiting for other teams to get involved which also suits Wigan. Reckons its 50/50 now but thought it was a dead cert when LFC signed Downing.

Make of it what you will. I can't vouch for this guy like my other source who gave me all the top Downing stuff so probs best to take with a pinch of salt atm. If I hear anything else I'll pass it on but I won't see this lad again until at least the weekend.

Well it's a perfectly plausible tale Toela65 which a lot of people in here (myself included) suspect might be the case. I'm just hoping a) no-one else comes in and B) he sees what Ash & DJ did as something he could do too i.e. move on.

I dont think he wants to come to Villa personally

Please explain why he would retweet a message about him coming to Villa then off a Barcode?

CharlesNzo Charles N'Zogbia

In Hale Piccolino having Lunch with @Vi_Deluxe, my Last 2 days before the Trip hopefully ☺

I think there's a definite hint about something in his latest tweet...because he's put "hopefully" and a smiley.

If he was just on about going with Wigan on the trip, then why hopefully?

Most seem to Acknowledge that CNz is from the Pascal Chimbonda school of "its all about the money".

Maybe he isnt on that bad a screw at wigan and he is holding out for a free? in which case he will be hoping to still be at the DW come the start of the season.

Hopefully there will be some breaking news on this situation soon.

Peter Lansley interviewed on Talksport said he'd spoken to Zog's representatives. Certainly didn't give any impression

that the player wanted anything else but the deal to go through. In fact he said they are not happy because the

player was told if a club came in with a bid of £9M he could leave. Villa bid the price that they thought was the price and then Whelan

decided he wanted more as we'd sold Downing.

If anyone wants to listen the link is posted a few pages back.

I dont think he wants to come to Villa personally

Can you blame him. Most players want to better themselves by moving upwards to a club who will win trophies or at least be able to compete.

Though he has just seen 2 players better themselves to the tune of £36m from Villa this summer. Given that there is no CL side in for him, he could do worse than ply his trade here for a season if he wants to move on. Not saying I'd like that attitude as a fan, but he could certainly be thinking it.

Agreed but just wish we were in the process od building a team rather than continually dismantling one.

I don't disagree with that Morpheus :) We are where we are. Re-adjusting to a failed stint at breaking the CL places. Our stars have now been cherry-picked and we try to find the next generation of Ashley Youngs. Such is the life of the non-elite.

I don't think Whelan will give in.

It's hurting us more than Wigan that's for sure. I think it's absoutely pathetic the board can't cough up 1 extra million when we've made so much money from Young and Downing. I honestly think Randy is that tight and he won't be spending any more money on other players. The signs are right there.

I seriously have never seen such a bunch of absolute moaners like you lot!!!! It beggars belief. Moan, moan, moan. I think there is a very good chance from what I have been told, that N'Zogbia will be a Villa player. And what's more we have some excellent youngsters coming through who need first team action more regularly now. Bannan and Allbrighton will get more game time.

Oh and we have signed an excellent keeper in Shay Given.

Have you heard of the word positive?!