SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

We shouldn't have acted so "gentlemanly" in our approach for their manager, Whelan is being a prick.

It wasn't Whelan or the approach that was the problem though it was that Martinez turned us down.

Good point.

OT but I'm on here, rangers have had a bid accepted for a defender so take it Cueller is not going there then - still could end up in Spain though

We shouldn't have acted so "gentlemanly" in our approach for their manager, Whelan is being a prick.

Lets be honest here, this nicey nicey approach to doing things is getting this club nowhere. Now we have the likes of Wigan walking all over us. Embarassing. The board need to grow a pair, stop acting like a bunch of pussys and start looking after number 1. i.e Aston Villa football club

might be a good thing Everton come in and agree a fee. Force us to fasten the **** up.

Taking forever to close this deal is a joke.

He would sign for us (higher wages.. more potential) than Everton... or well.. we used to be.

It wasn't Whelan or the approach that was the problem though it was that Martinez turned us down.

Good point.

OT but I'm on here, rangers have had a bid accepted for a defender so take it Cueller is not going there then - still could end up in Spain though

Lee Wallace is a LB.

If Everton manage to sell Phil Jagielka for at least 15m, I can see Moyes bidding this player for 10m and he'll be at Everton.

Jagielka - arsenal ?

Dont get me wrong, I'd like him at the Villa, but he is nowhere near a player that is Champions League material - and even if he was, Arsenal need a different type of defender - they need a version of Vidic or Terry , Jagielka isn't that.

Bizarre if true (unless they plan to revamp their entire defence)

They just made a 10m bid that got turned down.

Villa should hurry the **** up and just bid the 10 million. We're gonna lose him and be left with options like SWP.

I'm sick to death of the board being so pathetic time and time again.

IMO i don't see Everton selling Jagielka to buy N'Zogbia, while they may start to score more with that deal, they'd also ship alot more goals.

If they can get 15m out of Arsenal they might spend 10 on N'Zog and the other 5 on a new defending prospect?

Good point.

I didn't mean with regards to getting Martinez in, I meant that Whelan is showing us how to behave if you want to get the best you can

Villa should hurry the **** up and just bid the 10 million. We're gonna lose him and be left with options like SWP.

Or Juan Vargas.

Or Ryad Boudebouz.

Or Lewis Holtby.

Or Maksym Bily.

Or Dusan Tadic.

Or Oussama Assaidi.

Or Yassine El Ghanassy.

Or Giorgi Merebashvili.

Or Zlatko Junuzović.

Or Valentin Stocker.

Or Cristian Tanase.

There's a whole damn world of options out there.

Whelan is showing us exactly how to behave in modern day football...like a word removed.

Honesty and integrity get you nowhere these days. We need to take a leaf out of this old tarts book.

Yeah cause Wigan are the footballing model to follow...

Or Juan Vargas.

Or Ryad Boudebouz.

Or Lewis Holtby.

Or Maksym Bily.

Or Dusan Tadic.

Or Oussama Assaidi.

Or Yassine El Ghanassy.

Or Giorgi Merebashvili.

Or Zlatko Junuzović.

Or Valentin Stocker.

Or Cristian Tanase.

But we have McLeish who doesn't seem to attract oversea players.

Apart from rambling in the press, I dont even think he's acting like that much of a clearing in the woods. N'Zogbia is Wigan's player and they have every right to demand whatever they think is reasonable. Were it not for the £9m bid in January, Im sure Villa would have had no hesitation in meeting the asking price.

Another pointless dig at McLeish for not attracting players from abroad.

But he got Zigic when we wanted him, and that coochikoo or what ever his stupid name was - I bet there were others as well. (edit Martins, theres another)

At least he knew there was a bloody place outside the UK unlike a bloke who used to manage us !.

Or Juan Vargas.

Or Ryad Boudebouz.

Or Lewis Holtby.

Or Maksym Bily.

Or Dusan Tadic.

Or Oussama Assaidi.

Or Yassine El Ghanassy.

Or Giorgi Merebashvili.

Or Zlatko Junuzović.

Or Valentin Stocker.

Or Cristian Tanase.

Zigic

Zarate

Beausejour

Hleb

Martins

Benitez

Michel

Jiranek

Or Juan Vargas.

Or Ryad Boudebouz.

Or Lewis Holtby.

Or Maksym Bily.

Or Dusan Tadic.

Or Oussama Assaidi.

Or Yassine El Ghanassy.

Or Giorgi Merebashvili.

Or Zlatko Junuzović.

Or Valentin Stocker.

Or Cristian Tanase.

Why do you think that?

Are you getting him mixed up with MON?

Whelan is showing us exactly how to behave in modern day football...like a word removed.

Honesty and integrity get you nowhere these days. We need to take a leaf out of this old tarts book.

yet we (allegedly) behaved like that in the recruitment of mcleish, and the board got slated on here for supposedly doing things underhand and "tapping up".