SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Had to look it up to be honest, thought it was a place in Italy or something.

(Not a City boy).

Me neither solely based on a quick google and a check on the menu....

Not sure as i agree...

Pescespada alla siciliana. Grilled swordfish, vine tomato, noccellara olives, capers & basil breadcrumbs £16.95

Whilst not cheap, does tickle my fancy.

From Martinez

"In football, things can change hour by hour, but as it stands at this moment, Charles is very much a Wigan player - as is training as usual with the rest of the squad ahead of our trip to Austria."

Could be this trip he's referring to then.

Quite a few footballers live in Hale/Altrincham area of Cheshire. It's very nice.

Had to look it up to be honest, thought it was a place in Italy or something.

(Not a City boy).

Me neither solely based on a quick google and a check on the menu....

Not sure as i agree...

Pescespada alla siciliana. Grilled swordfish, vine tomato, noccellara olives, capers & basil breadcrumbs £16.95

Whilst not cheap, does tickle my fancy.

Mind you its the North....... £16.95 is like a weeks wages isnt it? :winkold:

Im getting a gut feeling that this isnt going to happen, but not through any fault of the villa.

Also, what exactly is wrong with signing McGeady as a backup? He is a very good player is he not? Ive always rated him personally.

I dont think he wants to come to Villa personally

Please explain why he would retweet a message about him coming to Villa then off a Barcode?

CharlesNzo Charles N'Zogbia

In Hale Piccolino having Lunch with @Vi_Deluxe, my Last 2 days before the Trip hopefully ☺

I think there's a definite hint about something in his latest tweet...because he's put "hopefully" and a smiley.

If he was just on about going with Wigan on the trip, then why hopefully?

Also, what exactly is wrong with signing McGeady as a backup? He is a very good player is he not? Ive always rated him personally.

As someone with a strong interest in Celtic i can tell you he is a 'good' player on his day. But he's miles away from what we need in the Premier League.

He's way too lightweight. Just like Maloney was

The fact he would cost as much (or maybe more) and be on as much as N'Zogbia and is nowhere near as good as him. That would be my criticism of signing McGeady.

Im getting a gut feeling that this isnt going to happen, but not through any fault of the villa.

You are General Krulak. What do I win? :lol:

McGeady wouldnt be backup, it's one or the other (or someone else).

This is what makes haggling over the £1m slightly questionable. McGeady, or any other player on a long contract, will cost just as much, yet will be of less value to Villa due to being of inferior quality. Think Villa should be more concerned about going to a price that reflects his worth to Villa rather than his worth to Wigan. i.e. If he signs, he is immediately worth a lot more than £10m, so why run the risk of losing the player for the sake of £1m?

Ofcourse a deal may be being sorted as we speak.

Can you blame him. Most players want to better themselves by moving upwards to a club who will win trophies or at least be able to compete.

Wigan are leaving on a trip too later on in the week apparently.

However this was only tied up and announced yesterday evening.

From their website:

Posted 19 Jul 2011 19:28

Pre-Season tour of Austria confirmed

Wigan Athletic have confirmed that the team will fly out to Austria later this week for a week's intensive training and two friendly matches.

Roberto Martinez and his men will take on Al Ain of the United Arab Emirates on Friday July 24 and newly promoted Turkish Super League side Mersin Idmanyurdo on Wednesday 27.

Venues and kick off -times of the matches in Austria will be confirmed as and when they are finalised.

The word Hopefully with a smiley is used

Like I said I think he's teasing as he was with retweet of coming to Villa question off NUFC fan.

I think SWP and Bentley are more likely to be plan b and c than Mcgeady to be honest for a number of reasons, not least the fact that the board refusal to pursue Mcgeady last year was in some way to blame, obviously in my opinion and alledgedly, for the departure of MON

Can you blame him. Most players want to better themselves by moving upwards to a club who will win trophies or at least be able to compete.

Though he has just seen 2 players better themselves to the tune of £36m from Villa this summer. Given that there is no CL side in for him, he could do worse than ply his trade here for a season if he wants to move on. Not saying I'd like that attitude as a fan, but he could certainly be thinking it.

Wigan are leaving on a trip too later on in the week apparently.

However this was only tied up and announced yesterday evening.

From their website:

Posted 19 Jul 2011 19:28

Pre-Season tour of Austria confirmed

Wigan Athletic have confirmed that the team will fly out to Austria later this week for a week's intensive training and two friendly matches.

Roberto Martinez and his men will take on Al Ain of the United Arab Emirates on Friday July 24 and newly promoted Turkish Super League side Mersin Idmanyurdo on Wednesday 27.

Venues and kick off -times of the matches in Austria will be confirmed as and when they are finalised.

The word Hopefully with a smiley is used

Like I said I think he's teasing as he was with retweet of coming to Villa question off NUFC fan.

I think their website editor needs sacking: Friday July 24th....Wednesday July 27th? Makes sense.

July 24th is Sunday, I should know, that's my birthday :lol: