SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Breaking news on Sky that N'Zogbia has put in a transfer request as he has just been told Sunderland are interested.

Great signing - really pleased and a 5 year deal for a young-ish player.

Common sense at last.

Let's get a defensive midfielder in now.

I'm not being funny but if we got Parker in as well, we'd have a better first XI then MON ever assembled - the kids have come good, a world class keeper, an explosive and consistent winger and player of the season last year (and making a PROFIT on player sales!)

We're still thin on the ground but this is an exciting team:

Given

Young Dunne Collins Warnock

Albrighton Parker Petrov N'Zogbia

Ireland

Bent

I am excited at the prospect that for once we may just outscore some of the bigger teams.. In the past we faced the likes of Man United or Chelsea and it was a given that they would score 2-3 goals and our side was only capable of 1-2 so we were guaranteed to lose most times. Now if we line up with Albrighton, Ireland and N'Zogbia behind Bent then we could be scoring for fun this season.

Sunderland fan :

why can't we compete with villa?

Charlie would have been a great signing for us and would of got goals for us. how can we expect to progress and not sign a player who we could of attracted? This shows a distinct lack of ambition. Before the clappies start saying we have signed 9 players etc ask yourselves this apart from brown and oshea where is the quality? We still have not replaced bent, and the left side of the team is a joke. Bruce is a yes man and quinn is full of shit

:lol:

I am excited at the prospect that for once we may just outscore some of the bigger teams.. In the past we faced the likes of Man United or Chelsea and it was a given that they would score 2-3 goals and our side was only capable of 1-2 so we were guaranteed to lose most times. Now if we line up with Albrighton, Ireland and N'Zogbia behind Bent then we could be scoring for fun this season.

So we're going to be miles better than if we had young and downing? :|

Sunderland fan :

why can't we compete with villa?

Charlie would have been a great signing for us and would of got goals for us. how can we expect to progress and not sign a player who we could have attracted? This shows a distinct lack of ambition. Before the clappies start saying we have signed 9 players etc ask yourselves this apart from brown and oshea where is the quality? We still have not replaced bent, and the left side of the team is a joke. Bruce is a yes man and quinn is full of shit

:lol:

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh: That is all.

Welcome to Villa Park Charles. As you might guess from this post, you have not much by way of expectation now weighing on your young shoulders.

I hope you do well, you have the boots of two England internationals to fill.

It was FIFA2012 that the players were playing guys.

Just watched the video on AVTV.

The players et al were giving it a test run for the company.

Martin Tyler who does the comms for FIFA was in the room as well!

Great stuff! I know it's been mentioned already, but that slideshow has to be the greatest ever. I was chuckling to myself for the 1st 3 pics and then it turned into a howl after each. Priceless Charles and welcome!!