SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

I'm not being funny but if we got Parker in as well, we'd have a better first XI then MON ever assembled - the kids have come good, a world class keeper, an explosive and consistent winger and player of the season last year (and making a PROFIT on player sales!)

We're still thin on the ground but this is an exciting team:

Given

Young Dunne Collins Warnock

Albrighton Parker Petrov N'Zogbia

Ireland

Bent

When did the kids come good ? - seem to recall us loosing every game when we had the kids in ?

man u home 2-2. A real makeshift side that day.

and thats it ? -

Fulham 1-1 and unlucky not to win by 4 or 5

See Bannan's assist the other day the kids that are coming up are good enough, the reason why the Man Utd game last season was a special one to many as many thought the young'uns were good enough for the Prem, even Fergie admitted it.

I did See bannans assist. I also seen that he was largley anonymous for the rest of his time on the pitch. I also seen Albrighton and Clark both gift the opposition goal scoring opportunities late on. - See the match thread - most posters gave our young players poor scores.....

I'm not being funny but if we got Parker in as well, we'd have a better first XI then MON ever assembled - the kids have come good, a world class keeper, an explosive and consistent winger and player of the season last year (and making a PROFIT on player sales!)

We're still thin on the ground but this is an exciting team:

Given

Young Dunne Collins Warnock

Albrighton Parker Petrov N'Zogbia

Ireland

Bent

When did the kids come good ? - seem to recall us loosing every game when we had the kids in ?

man u home 2-2. A real makeshift side that day.

Agreed! It was Dunne and Warnock letting us down that day that led to the game ending in a draw. Just hope they can keep up their current form.

I find it funny so many of the people bitching about Downing being disloyal and inconsistent are falling over themselves for this signing... guess what!? :winkold:

I'd call this more of an Ashley Young leaving situation. :)

anyway. Buzzing about the signing, especially considering the rumours about Sunderland last minute bid and him signing monday, I expected him to sign 99% but the nervous couple days of 'you never know' situation is not there anymore and he's now a Villa player. :)

great signing. Welcome Charles 'One look' N'Zogbia .....

I don't understand why the Sunderland fans are adamant he's on 65k a week. I would be shocked if he was on that, Villa are cutting back the wages. I'd say he is on 50k at the absolute maximum. They also seem to think Bent is on 80k a week, but I'm pretty sure somebody confirmed he was on 55-65k a week, which for a 20+ goals a season striker, is good value these days.

I hope he's better than the other French players we've had

We haven't exactly had many have we?

Didn't say we had. Just pointing out that every French player we've had so far hasn't worked out. I hope it's not something in the water.

I find it funny so many of the people bitching about Downing being disloyal and inconsistent are falling over themselves for this signing... guess what!? :winkold:

I'd call this more of an Ashley Young leaving situation. :)

anyway. Buzzing about the signing, especially considering the rumours about Sunderland last minute bid and him signing monday, I expected him to sign 99% but the nervous couple days of 'you never know' situation is not there anymore and he's now a Villa player. :)

great signing. Welcome Charles 'One look' N'Zogbia .....

I was referring more to the Newcastle cry baby episode he had a few years back, I suppose he has conducted himself better this time round (unless the whole strike thing was true, which personally I doubt). He's a good player but certainly not the world beater some people seem to be expecting.