SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

I have read H&V they've just said it was a joke, pleb.

I don't believe it myself. But no-one has stated it is a joke on H&V.

Just seen the video of CNZ outside a Birmingham hospital on SSN as tweeted by Pete Colley.

Video or do you mean picture? Couldn't or haven't seen Pete tweet a video.

"Ok. I just got a text. This is the facts as I have them. Wigan accepted a bid late last night from Sunderland. N'Zogbia and agent still wanted to complete the medical with Villa which was done today. However they didn't want to sign anything until they spoke to Sunderland. Faulkner is massively upset and apparently told them. My mate wasn't sure if or when N'Zogbia is going to travel up but he likely will. He still wants to join us but he needs to hear Sunderland's offer. The money may be better which is a big factor - apparently. Anyway, Villa being away isn't helping matters."

Yawn.

Then Wigan will be hearing from our lawyers IF THAT WAS TRUE, thats an illegal transaction, they would have to pay a huge fine and face possible points deduction, plus our 9.5million back.

What's Paul Faulkner doing in Hong Kong playing FIFA 12? Does he actually do any work?

But... FIFA 12 isn't out yet.

conspiracy.jpg

You're a braver person than I, Julie. Chocolate > everything else.

"Ok. I just got a text. This is the facts as I have them. Wigan accepted a bid late last night from Sunderland. N'Zogbia and agent still wanted to complete the medical with Villa which was done today. However they didn't want to sign anything until they spoke to Sunderland. Faulkner is massively upset and apparently told them. My mate wasn't sure if or when N'Zogbia is going to travel up but he likely will. He still wants to join us but he needs to hear Sunderland's offer. The money may be better which is a big factor - apparently. Anyway, Villa being away isn't helping matters."

I'm telling you it's a joke, I seen it with my own eyes them laughing at people falling for it in a hidden thread.

No the video of him outside QE having medical is being shown on SSN. Pete Colley tweeted a photo of it as well.

What's Paul Faulkner doing in Hong Kong playing FIFA 12? Does he actually do any work?

All the players were playing on FIFA on their trip. Must have been a bit of a competition. Darren Bent got spanked by Gary Gardner on a number of occasions.

PF was shown playing on FIFA with the marketing director. I think Mat Kendrick/AVFC Official tweeted all the pics earlier.

Maybe it was FIFA whatever. It looked like on playstation but could be wrong.

I'm telling you it's a joke, I seen it with my own eyes them laughing at people falling for it in a hidden thread.

That's my thoughts. Too many of the 'senior' posters have turned around saying "I've heard this too" etc.. kinda giving the ball away in my eyes.

Still think we've got our man :D

No the video of him outside QE having medical is being shown on SSN. Pete Colley tweeted a photo of it as well.

Cheers Julie. I cant watch it....I'm in Nottingham at trent bridge. Cracking match.

We know its a joke Cracker...But where is the link. Where did you find out.

Happy days... :D

The Club are delighted to confirm that Charles N'Zogbia completed a medical today and has agreed a five-year deal to 2016.

The 25-year-old French international winger formalised his signing this afternoon and he will be available for next Wednesday's fixture against Derby at Pride Park and for our game against Braga on Saturday, August 6 at Estadio Municipal de Braga.

"I am really happy and extremely excited to sign for Aston Villa," said N'Zogbia.

"It is a great club and it is a really big step for me in my career, so I am sure I will enjoy my football here.

"I think it is going to be a really good season and hopefully I'll do well here.

"I can't wait to meet my new team-mates, play with them and work together to do something special this season.

"Alex McLeish is a strong manager and I think he is going to build a really good team for this season."

N'Zogbia has firmly established himself in the Barclays Premier League since making his debut for Newcastle United in September 2004.

The man from Harfleur, in the Normandy region of France, was spotted by the Magpies at the age of 17 whilst playing for Le Havre.

He amassed 118 appearances at Newcastle, operating primarily as a left winger as well as occasionally filling in at left-back.

N'Zogbia moved to Wigan on the last day of the January transfer window in 2009 and was a pivotal figure during his two-and-a-half-year spell with the Latics.

The winger played an integral part in helping Wigan avoid relegation last term with five goals from the final six top-flight games, including a superb strike against Villa in a 1-1 draw at Villa Park in April.

He also finished as the club's top goalscorer, finding the net 10 times in all competitions.

Some terrific displays in the Premier League attracted the attention of France boss Laurent Blanc, who handed N'Zogbia his international debut against Norway in August.

In his second appearance for Les Bleus last month, N'Zogbia scored the only goal of the game in a 1-0 friendly victory over Poland.

Check out AVTV next week for an exclusive interview with Villa's new signing Charles N'Zogbia.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2405197,00.html

Despite signing a contract and holding up the shirt I've heard Sunderland have made a last minute bid to hijack the deal. :bonk:

Good signing, pleased about this. 5 year contract too! It appears we've finally learnt.

I am surprised at the 5 year deal.. I wasn't expecting them to tie him down for that, I was also not expecting him to agree to a deal that long.. I mean if no one comes in for him in a year or two he'll be 30 by the time he leaves.