SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

A good signing, hopefully he can keep his head straight and not get mardy.

We need more though.

Yep this is me

Two or three more required

Very happy with the two signings we have made, but I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't get a few more in.

Not so much 'a few more in' for me.

I think the 'right' type of player is more what we need, to bring the quality out of a lot of those we already have who seem to need a boot up the proverbial. I think N'Zogbia and a.n.other will be a step in the right direction.

seems to me we're going to see how the kids do for a couple of weeks and then, if need to, go shopping again in the last week or two in August.

I don't mind giving the kids a go, I just want a left back who's not a clearing in the woods.

Will be interesting to see how he copes with all the long balls, if today is anything as an indicator as how we are going to play.

I think the conditions in HK dictated the lack of forward runs. Didn't play like that at all against Walsall. I hope personally they mix it up, short sharp passing through midfield along with wide play & crosses peppered with the odd long ball through to Bent/Gabby..

It's the size of the squad that concerns me the most more than style of play. If we get injuries and suspensions, we're going to be left with the kids & I'm not sure all that many are ready.

However Gardner certainly stepped in last Saturday & looked every inch ready for some first team action.

Maybe the opposition had something to do with it?

Somewhat yes, but the whole style of play against Blackburn, who we beat and Chelsea was different to how we played V Walsall.

Will be interesting to see how we play back in more normal conditions here in the UK and with N'Zogbia in the team.

Players said no one was making forward runs in Blackburn games because of the sapping heat.

Looking forward to see what formation we play when Charlie boy plays.

Agree that we still need further additions to the first team. Probably four players. A new CB and LB. A new combative midfielder(Barton is available on a free from Newcastle) and another striker (Sturridge on loan) with Gabby sold!

A good signing, hopefully he can keep his head straight and not get mardy.

We need more though.

Yep this is me

Two or three more required

Very happy with the two signings we have made, but I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't get a few more in.

Not so much 'a few more in' for me.

I think the 'right' type of player is more what we need, to bring the quality out of a lot of those we already have who seem to need a boot up the proverbial. I think N'Zogbia and a.n.other will be a step in the right direction.

This^

Anybody we bring in must be a starter.

We have enough potential in our first team squad

We have to buy players that are going to oust the Collins' Warnocks' and Albrightons who possibly feel they are easily first choice for their positions.

Enrique and Barton from barcodes for a start. Sturridge on season loan, and perhaps a wee surprise from abroad would be nice.

We should really go all out for Enrique seen as he definatly wants out. He would definatly improve us and would be a formidable left side with CNZ.

Better 'team' maybe, better 'club', no.

We're the best club! :D

Daily Mail are reporting that he will not be playing against Derby but give no reason so I guess fitness is way off??

I would have thought this would be an ideal way to start to get his fitness back.

Fans getting shirty with "sensational" sales of 'N'Zogbia 10'

Reading unofficial fan websites, it's fair to say that the signing of Charles N'Zogbia has really captured the imagination of supporters - and that's certainly showing up big time in shirt sale in Villa Stores.

A total of seven in every ten shirts purchased from either Villa Village or New Street at present features the combination 'N'Zogbia 10', showing the esteem he is held in already by the claret and blue faithful.

His all-action style, ability to score and set up chances has obviously already endeared him to the Villa Store shoppers.

He is still a way behind Darren Bent who is number one on the shirt name and number list so far this summer.

'Bent 9' has sold in excess of 2,000 shirts already, a figure head of merchandising John Greenfield describes as "phenomenal".

Stan Collymore holds the all-time record for shirt name and number sales.

During his time with Villa, 40% of shirts sold bore his name and number. Greenfield admits, however, that Bent is well on his way to surpassing Collymore in top spot in the all-time list.

Bent, he says, is second in that countdown but is chasing Collymore and should beat him, given a good spell of time in the Villa shirt.

Interestingly, there is a definite trend towards the 'young lions' too in popular combinations.

Bent is number one, followed by N'Zogbia while Marc Albrighton and Fabian Delph come in third and fourth respectively.

Greenfield is particularly not surprised.

He added: "We are a club closely associated with bringing through quality youngsters all the way from the academy to the first team.

"In the past we have seen Gabby Agbonlahor, Gareth Barry and - even further back - the likes of Tony Daley and Mark Walters blast into senior reckoning after coming up through the ranks.

"Villa fans appreciate this and shirt sales follow suit. Marc is an immensely popular lad. You only have to hear the reception for him at Villa Park on matchday to see that.

"Fabian is a young lad looking to make a big impact and supporters have obviously been listening intently to the comments of Alex McLeish who has said in his press conferences this season already that he expects Fabian to be a class act in the future."

Shay Given also appears in the top five list, following his move from Manchester City.

Other popular combinations in the Villa Stores are 'Villa 4 Ever' and 'McGrath 5' as fans show off their loyalty to the club and their former heroes.

The Villa Store at Villa Village should be buzzing even further over the next month, too, with news that we will be having player signing sessions on designated days in the coming weeks.

It's a move that Greenfield is extremely "excited" by, along with the mass of fan support in Villa Stores over the past few weeks.

He added: "I know it's not a particularly healthy time economically but I've been delighted and excited by the level of support shown by our fans in the shops.

"Shirts, training tops, tracksuits - you name it, fans have been buying it. I have been thrilled. Long may it continue."

N'Zogbia posed with his new No.10 shirt after joining Villa - then signed it for a classy competition.

N'Zogbia autographed the jersey he was presented when he arrived at Bodymoor Heath to complete his move from Wigan Athletic.

And now you have a chance of winning it by entering our exclusive competition.

All you have to do is click here, follow the instructions and answer the question to be in the hat.

It's quite some prize to win so make sure you get your entry in, once you've decided on what you think is the correct answer.

Get hold of fantastic 4-for-£50 family deal for what should be N'Zogbia's home debut against Blackburn - click here.

AVFC