SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

I find it funny so many of the people bitching about Downing being disloyal and inconsistent are falling over themselves for this signing... guess what!? :winkold:

I'd call this more of an Ashley Young leaving situation. :)

anyway. Buzzing about the signing, especially considering the rumours about Sunderland last minute bid and him signing monday, I expected him to sign 99% but the nervous couple days of 'you never know' situation is not there anymore and he's now a Villa player. :)

great signing. Welcome Charles 'One look' N'Zogbia .....

I was referring more to the Newcastle cry baby episode he had a few years back, I suppose he has conducted himself better this time round (unless the whole strike thing was true, which personally I doubt). He's a good player but certainly not the world beater some people seem to be expecting.

It wasn't true. Martinez said he was training every day and rumours were ridiculous. just to confirm btw. Also, not sure anyone said they are expecting a world beater. A very good player? yes. A world beater? no.

Get in. Great player. On the same level as Ash / Downing and has been doing it in weaker teams too.

With Given aswell, although the numbers are what we wanted the quality of signings so far has been very pleasing. His stats as shown in this thread are impressive, and he single handedly kept wigan up last season. Wasnt it 5 goals in his last 6 games of ths season? Surrounded by a bunch of pretty poo players. Cant wait to see him and Albrighton on the wings this season.

If we could move a couple of players on to free up some wages, and if we could spluge the Ash Young money, with a few astute signings we could be right back into the hunt for 4th-6th. Say if you could move on Beye and Cuellar. Then sign Eboue (to cover RB, LB AND RW, he is a great RB btw and dupposedly available) Parker, and Dann (or Samba if he doesnt go Arsenal). Then with the likes of Bannan etc filling out the squad we would be a force to be reckoned with.

I know it wont happen. But it shows why theres reason to be optimistic when you can see it would only take a few clever additions to the squad to be right back where we were. I think once a few more hangers on like Beye are eventually moved on we will see Randy continue to spend in the market. Whether its this summer, January or next year,

I hope he's better than the other French players we've had

We haven't exactly had many have we?

Didn't say we had. Just pointing out that every French player we've had so far hasn't worked out. I hope it's not something in the water.

Hah - yeh hope not

but again we haven't had many

Ginola , Berson , Beye and Pires are the only ones i can of ..and plenty of variable reasons why they were rubbish rather than happening to be some imaginary French jinx or something in the water.

Well, as an almost old codger to some who has seen the likes of Chico Hamilton and Willie Anderson on the wing, I am looking forward to seeing N'Zogbia in the team. Is Downing twice the player he is, not on the show in the game between the two teams at VP. I like Downing, but think this lad can give us different options

I find it funny so many of the people bitching about Downing being disloyal and inconsistent are falling over themselves for this signing... guess what!? :winkold:

I doubt if any are loyal like the fans are, unfortunately.

If N'Zogbia turns out to be the success we all hope he will then in a couple of years time he may well do a Downing. By then he will be what seems to be the magic cut off point 27yrs to join one of the Sky scum.

In the meantime though we will all hopefully be treated to some exciting play and great goals so I welcome his signing for Villa while looking forward to seeing how it all works out.

Great signing. He's been my number one transfer target since it became obvious that Young was leaving. Great value for money too when you consider some of the crazy transfer deals recently. Can't wait to see how he links up with Ireland and Bent.

I doubt if any are loyal like the fans are, unfortunately.

If N'Zogbia turns out to be the success we all hope he will then in a couple of years time he may well do a Downing. By then he will be what seems to be the magic cut off point 27yrs to join one of the Sky scum.

In the meantime though we will all hopefully be treated to some exciting play and great goals so I welcome his signing for Villa while looking forward to seeing how it all works out.

Let's just hope when/if that day comes he doesn't refuse to play or sit on the bench and slag off the club like he did to the toon. Got no problem with players wanting to move on to pastures new or better things but there is a right way of doing it. Of course some fans will still slate a player regardless but he's got no excuse for the way he acted at Newcastle when he got word that Arsenal might be sniffing round.

Great signing and will be more effective than Downing. For half the price I think we got the much better deal. He can also help out at left back too if we have any injury crisis.

He'll probably bugger off for more greed in two or three years time but if he can push us back into european contention it doesnt really matter as we'll be able to attract a decent replacement.

Get in. Great player. On the same level as Ash / Downing and has been doing it in weaker teams too.

With Given aswell, although the numbers are what we wanted the quality of signings so far has been very pleasing. His stats as shown in this thread are impressive, and he single handedly kept wigan up last season. Wasnt it 5 goals in his last 6 games of ths season? Surrounded by a bunch of pretty poo players. Cant wait to see him and Albrighton on the wings this season.

If we could move a couple of players on to free up some wages, and if we could spluge the Ash Young money, with a few astute signings we could be right back into the hunt for 4th-6th. Say if you could move on Beye and Cuellar. Then sign Eboue (to cover RB, LB AND RW, he is a great RB btw and dupposedly available) Parker, and Dann (or Samba if he doesnt go Arsenal). Then with the likes of Bannan etc filling out the squad we would be a force to be reckoned with.

I know it wont happen. But it shows why theres reason to be optimistic when you can see it would only take a few clever additions to the squad to be right back where we were. I think once a few more hangers on like Beye are eventually moved on we will see Randy continue to spend in the market. Whether its this summer, January or next year,

Would rather us go all out and put in the money to bring in James Milner and Adam Johnson (a real statement that AVFC still mean business).

Althernately, James McCarthy and Adam Johnson (due to rumours Randy wouldnt bring back Milner)

Would rather us go all out and put in the money to bring in James Milner and Adam Johnson (a real statement that AVFC still mean business).

We cannot afford to do that, its got nothing to do with meaning business.

Yeah lets spend shit loads we cannot afford and threaten the security of the club, we'll mean business when we're bankrupt.

We cannot afford to do that, its got nothing to do with meaning business.

Yeah lets spend shit loads we cannot afford and threaten the security of the club, we'll mean business when we're bankrupt.

sometimes you cant afford not to

darren bent springs to mind.

This is another very good piece of business, along with the signing of Given. I can't wait to see N'Zogbia tearing it up down the wings and perhaps even upfront at times.

We are still short of options out wide, yet at least we now have two wingers that can play in the starting line-up.