SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Not so sure he's the last. Watch AVTV's interviews.. McLeish said we're not looking to sign a player straight after N'Zogbia..we're assessing the squad.

to assess our strength in depth.

I'm sure I just heard Alan Curbishley out in HK let the cat out the bag cos he says ... "I know the club are looking at other players"...to Sir Jack on AVTV.

Whether that will be only if they sell Cuellar etc I don't know.

villa saying we're not signing any other players doesnt necessarily mean we're not going to sign other players

remember in january when we said we wouldnt be signing a striker?

we might sign someone else, we might not. lets just relax and see what happens

I'd like another defensive midfielder to replace NRC but that's about it. We could do with a third winger just in case either of them gets injured. The squad looks more balanced now with Zoggy in there.

Zoggy, Zoggy, Zoggy, Charles, Charles, Charles!

Very happy with this. I wonder where he will play? I know he is a left winger, but he does play from the right a lot. I think Alby is sometimes better on the left too, so could see them switching a fair bit like Young and Downing. I am honestly happy with our squad now, but like others, just wish we could get another CM like Parker in. Welcome to VP Charles!

No. 10 is not a winger's number...

:detect:

I agree but CNZ can play a number of positions in attack. Same number as he wore at Wigan.

To the tune of the Carlos Cuellar song......

"From Wigan he was Villa bound...The Zog, The Zog

Now wearing Big John's shirt he's found... The Zog, The Zog

He's French and fast with lots of flair

Stuff Ash & Downing we don't care!

Aston Villa's Charles N'Zogbia"

I'll get mi coat.

I'm not being funny but if we got Parker in as well, we'd have a better first XI then MON ever assembled - the kids have come good, a world class keeper, an explosive and consistent winger and player of the season last year (and making a PROFIT on player sales!)

We're still thin on the ground but this is an exciting team:

Given

Young Dunne Collins Warnock

Albrighton Parker Petrov N'Zogbia

Ireland

Bent

When did the kids come good ? - seem to recall us loosing every game when we had the kids in ?

I'm not being funny but if we got Parker in as well, we'd have a better first XI then MON ever assembled - the kids have come good, a world class keeper, an explosive and consistent winger and player of the season last year (and making a PROFIT on player sales!)

Given

Ireland

Bent

When did the kids come good ? - seem to recall us loosing every game when we had the kids in ?

man u home 2-2. A real makeshift side that day.

No. 10 is not a winger's number...

:detect:

Unfortunately I think it's safe to put the deerstalker away. We heard about the Given and Zog deals about three years ago, so on that basis we have nothing more lined up until January at the earliest.

But hey, if AM can get Ireland back to form and Makoun playing well, we could still have a better team than last year.

Given

Ireland

Bent

man u home 2-2. A real makeshift side that day.

and thats it ? -

what I meant was when did the kids stop being kids - and become good enough to become first team regulars ? - all have a lot to prove IMO