SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

5 year contract?!?!?

Good work Villa!

Even if N'Zogbia tears up the league in the next 2 years, he'll still have enough time on his contract for us to keep him another 2 years (or to at least tell the buying club where to go (or ask them for £40m)).

I'm chuffed that N'Zogbia has signed! I think we all knew it was going to happen, but it was taking so long that there was always a niggling worry that something might break down.

------------- Given --------------

Young - Collins Dunne Warnock

------- Petrov -- Makoun -------

Albrighton - Ireland - N'Zogbia

-------------- Bent --------------

Bench: Marshall, Clark, Beye, Lichaj, Baker, Delph, Bannan, Gabby, Fonz, Heskey

This is the team I expect to see against Derby, and I can't wait!

5 year contract?!?!?

Good work Villa!

Even if N'Zogbia tears up the league in the next 2 years, he'll still have enough time on his contract for us to keep him another 2 years (or to at least tell the buying club where to go (or ask them for £40m)).

I'm chuffed that N'Zogbia has signed! I think we all knew it was going to happen, but it was taking so long that there was always a niggling worry that something might break down.

Are we allowed ten subs next season?

5 year contract?!?!?

Good work Villa!

our CM is still rubbish ... will be our downfall this year.

Would rather us go all out and put in the money to bring in James Milner and Adam Johnson (a real statement that AVFC still mean business).

We cannot afford to do that, its got nothing to do with meaning business.

Yeah lets spend shit loads we cannot afford and threaten the security of the club, we'll mean business when we're bankrupt.

I think thats frankly sensationalist and not really true is it?? We have a billion dollar owner, thats a lot of wasted cash to go bankrupt.

Financial fair play may be a consideration, but even then, Milner and Johnson would probably cost around 25-30 million. Add the 9.5 spent on NZogbia and the Young/Downing cash and we are about 3.5 million out? Is that going to send us spiralling into debt?

I dont think so.

Would rather us go all out and put in the money to bring in James Milner and Adam Johnson (a real statement that AVFC still mean business).

We cannot afford to do that, its got nothing to do with meaning business.

Yeah lets spend shit loads we cannot afford and threaten the security of the club, we'll mean business when we're bankrupt.

I think thats frankly sensationalist and not really true is it?? We have a billion dollar owner, thats a lot of wasted cash to go bankrupt.

Financial fair play may be a consideration, but even then, Milner and Johnson would probably cost around 25-30 million. Add the 9.5 spent on NZogbia and the Young/Downing cash and we are about 3.5 million out? Is that going to send us spiralling into debt?

I dont think so.

We're already substantially in debt! I can see us buying another player but not at those prices - 7m tops.

Back on topic, hopefully he starts on Wednesday and can help everyone get over the disappointment of the match just now.

i would definitely say so...Anyone who honestly believes that our squad is big enough and has adequate cover is lying to themselves. We certainly need at least 2 more faces. Preferably and CB & a DM. However, whether that will happen...well it is highly unlikely; so we are going to have to make do with the squad we have got.

He said this is the team he wants to see v Derby. You are allowed ten subs in a friendly ;)

:winkold: Mike

i would definitely say so...Anyone who honestly believes that our squad is big enough and has adequate cover is lying to themselves. We certainly need at least 2 more faces. Preferably and CB & a DM. However, whether that will happen...well it is highly unlikely; so we are going to have to make do with the squad we have got.

Agree the club are being very very naive if they genuinely think we don't need other players.

Theres having austerity measures then theres being stupid.