Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

villianusa

I do wonder what the response will be if we do lose. Will people start to get on Houlliers back? Lets hope we don't find out.

I think it's about how we lose too. If we play well and just get beat, people will still be pissed off for a few days, but ultimately fine. If we play badly and get turned over by a few goals there may start to be murmurs.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard it from a reliable source that blues will be looking to ambush villa fans coming off the train at New Street, he's had this information from a lad whose been told to steer clear of the station. Just be careful if you're getting off the train at New Street, obviously don't be wearing colours and keep your wits about you.

I've heard it from a reliable source that blues will be looking to ambush villa fans coming off the train at New Street, he's had this information from a lad whose been told to steer clear of the station. Just be careful if you're getting off the train at New Street, obviously don't be wearing colours and keep your wits about you.

Scum doesn't do 'em justice

Seen some who says this is a must win. It's never a must win away from home, particularly not in a derby.

Its a knockout competition. It's definitely a must win. Especially if you want to win the whole thing.

It's the same as saying, we must win all games in the league, Especially if we want to win the league.

So in other words, you can't say it like that :winkold:

Seen some who says this is a must win. It's never a must win away from home, particularly not in a derby.

Its a knockout competition. It's definitely a must win. Especially if you want to win the whole thing.

It's the same as saying, we must win all games in the league, Especially if we want to win the league.

? As the man said... it's a knockout match, it's a one-off. I believe thats why cup matches have a slightly different feel to them.

anyway, not feeling great about tonight, we need a big performance from warnock, dunne, ash and others who aren't playing so well at the mo.

FO SH, the city is ours

Update: CC on bench.

I guess that means we'll play the same side as last match, -Pires + Gabby/Delf

One thing houllier needs to sort out is playing cuellar. For this important match we need our best defence and cuellar is currently part of that.

I don't think Cuellars passing is good enough for the way that Houllier wants us to play. But that's a whole other debate.

Also, ability aside, it might be a risk to play a defender who's only just returned from injury.

(I know Houllier did the same with Collins, but Houllier gets to see them in training.. and Cuellar was a doubt until Yankee told us otherwise)

Sorry I really hope I am wrong - but I fear we will get comprehensivley beaten tonight:-

Its cold

Its away

its the Blues

The current motivation levels of the squad are a great cause for concern to me - Ireland has already cried off ill - yeah right - last time he said that he was in a nightclub at 2am - GH needs to get a grip here.

We seem to be really soft away from home, and make loads of daft mistakes in defence - this can only multriply in the intense atmosphere of the sty.

The glimmer of hope is that Gabby is back and has good form against the blues

Good luck lads !

Good to know CC is close to full fitness. I was confident we could win this until I read your last comment. There is no way he can play Pires after Saurday's performance. He will get trampled to bits and that's putting it nicely.

I questioned the last manager favoring certain players when their form didn't warrant it; this would certainly be a similar case to me. I hope he sees sense and he gets nowhere near the pitch tonight.

Good to know CC is close to full fitness. I was confident we could win this until I read your last comment. There is no way he can play Pires after Saurday's performance. He will get trampled to bits and that's putting it nicely.

I questioned the last manager favoring certain players when their form didn't warrant it; this would certainly be a similar case to me. I hope he sees sense and he gets nowhere near the pitch tonight.

-Pires means minus Pires lol. I'd guess the side will remain unchanged except Pires out and either Gabby / Fonz or Carew / Gabby up front

I don't get what your on about? You can afford to lose a league game and still win the league you lose a cup tie ( unless its over two legs ) then your out the cup, you do realise that?

Anyway of course its a must win and defeat is unacceptable. This is Sha we are talking about. I can't imagine anything worse than losing to that shower, going out of a cup and then having to see that mob in a semi final and potentially a final.

We have the superior players we just need to play the right system, play to the lads strengths and go out with a positive approach/attitude and we will win.

I have 100% confidence we have the players to win this.

I don't get what your on about? You can afford to lose a league game and still win the league you lose a cup tie ( unless its over two legs ) then your out the cup, you do realise that?

Anyway of course its a much win and defeat is unacceptable. This is Sha we are talking about. I can't imagine anything worse than losing to that shower, going out of a cup and then having to see that mob in a semi final and potentially a final.

We have the superior players we just need to play the right system, play to the lads strengths and go out with a positive approach/attitude and we will win.

I have 100% confidence we have the players to win this.

Here here