Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

villianusa

Its been almost 6 years since we felt the pain of defeat against these scum bags and I'm not prepared to feel that again.

Even with a few injuries we still have a superior team. We go out with the right formation and a good positive attitude and we can win this. Simple fact is they really aren't very good and have a lot of very average or over the hill players. The likes of Carr, Bowyer, Gardner, Zigic, Ridgewell, Fahey, Larsson, Jerome wouldn't get anywhere near being in our team. We can and should win this. Please send the lads out with a nice positive approach Gerrard.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that I have a bad feeling about tomorrow. My reasons:

Our defence is shite. I know Blues don't score many goals but we seemingly can't defend against anyone, good or bad.

We have a shedload of injuries so we don't have some of the real battle hardened players like NRC to rely on.

Our goal scoring is unpredictable to say the least. Yes we score goals but we lack the cutting edge to score crucial goals. Added to that Blues have a very solid defence.

We are in the depths of a full blown crisis, at least in my opinion. Sliding down the league with a string of difficult games to come in the next month or so.

I hate to say it but I suspect Blues want it just that little bit more than us.

I really hope I'm wrong but as I said I have a bad bad feeling about tomorrow.

GH needs a win tomorrow and a massive performance from his players. I'm slowly starting to lose faith in his managerial ability.

I've been far from impressed with him but I have to say defeat against that shower tomorrow and I'll be fuming and I obviously won't be alone.

Regardless of injuries we still have the better players. Its all down to getting the formation right and playing to the lads strengths with a nice positive approach/attitude. I'm 100% certain that we have the players to win I'm just not convinced that our manager will set us up right. If he does we will win.

GH needs a win tomorrow and a massive performance from his players. I'm slowly starting to lose faith in his managerial ability.

I've been far from impressed with him but I have to say defeat against that shower tomorrow and I'll be fuming and I obviously won't be alone.

Regardless of injuries we still have the better players. Its all down to getting the formation right and playing to the lads strengths with a nice positive approach/attitude. I'm 100% certain that we have the players to win I'm just not convinced that our manager will set us up right. If he does we will win.

I agree. Of course I think he should have time to mould the team in his image. But we haven't won in many games, and the last time we did it was against a Blackpool reserve side. I also get this negative feeling he hasn't got the hunger to succeed anymore and will leave us in a massive mess.

A win against Liverpool is far more important than tomorrow.

**** off is it.

I can't contemplate losing to these words removed in a quarter final. We have the quality I just hope they're all up for it against their team of cloggers.

i think that's unfair. We're missing a hell ofa lot of players in the same position!

NRC, Petrov, Delph, Sidwell if fit would start tomorrow ahead of say Hogg or Herd - if Gary Gardener was fit he'd be ahead of them.

We're without our first choice striker (based on his performances this season and especially under Houllier) in Heskey. Delfouneso doesn't look interested and Carew is a waste of space and has been for 2 years which leaves us with an unfit Gabby.

We're without IMO our best defender (Cuellar).

I'm not too sure what Houllier has done tactically wrong (bar blues at home with holding players) he's had little to no choice in his selctions.

Also **** the Liverpool game - I'd take a pumelling off liverpool if it means we beat Blues and 1 stop them from getting to the semis and more importantly 2 - getting ourselves in contention to win the competition.

I can't handle adefeat tomorrow - but if the worst happens - I doubt it'll be down to our current manager and I'd look more towards our injury crisis

A win against Liverpool is far more important than tomorrow.

**** off is it.

I can't contemplate losing to these words removed in a quarter final. We have the quality I just hope they're all up for it against their team of cloggers.

exactly a loss tomorrow would be terrible for us

Team i'd go with:

Friedel

Lichaj - Collins - Dunne - Warnock

AYoung - Clark - Bannan - Downing

-------- Carew ------ Gabby ---------

Feel something at the back needs to change and would like to see Lichaj in for Warnock or LYoung

I'd start Carew ahead of Fonz because I dont think Carew can make an impact of the bench so lets tell him to try to do something in the first 60 minutes and use the Fonz energy to change the game at the end.