Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

villianusa

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen some who says this is a must win. It's never a must win away from home, particularly not in a derby.

Its a knockout competition. It's definitely a must win. Especially if you want to win the whole thing.

It's the same as saying, we must win all games in the league, Especially if we want to win the league.

So in other words, you can't say it like that :winkold:

I don't get what your on about? You can afford to lose a league game and still win the league you lose a cup tie ( unless its over two legs ) then your out the cup, you do realise that?

Anyway of course its a much win and defeat is unacceptable. This is Sha we are talking about. I can't imagine anything worse than losing to that shower, going out of a cup and then having to see that mob in a semi final and potentially a final.

We have the superior players we just need to play the right system, play to the lads strengths and go out with a positive approach/attitude and we will win.

I have 100% confidence we have the players to win this.

It's just the word 'MUST' I don't like.

What's the chance of the game being called off? Surrounding areas are gonna be dreadful.

Reading some of the comments on here we may as well call the game off as the outcome is a foregone conclusion.

There seems to be people saying we will win this and people saying we will lose it, quite typical for a match thread, so not sure what you are trying to say.

Birmingham are confident Wednesday's Carling Cup clash with local rivals Aston Villa will go ahead despite another night of sub-zero temperatures.

The undersoil heating at St. Andrew's has been in operation to ensure the pitch will be playable and the first-team squad trained on it on Tuesday with no problems.

In addition, City staff have been ensuring the concourses and seating areas are free of snow and ice to avoid any concerns over them being a safety hazard.

A Birmingham City Football Club spokesman said: "We do not anticipate any issues with regards to the weather.

"The St. Andrew's underground heating system has ensured that the pitch is playable.

"The stadium's concourses and surrounding walkways will also be continually cleared throughout the day.

"We'd like to advise all supporters to wrap up warm and arrive for the game as early as possible."

Blues even have a JCB on standby to clear car parks at the ground if there are any additional snowfalls during the day.

In rugby, Newcastle Falcons have been forced to postpone Friday night's Aviva Premiership clash with Bath at Kingston Park but the weekend's other fixtures are currently expected to go ahead.

Despite that confidence Sale have appealed for supporters to help them clear the Edgeley Park playing surface and perimeter of snow ahead of their Friday night clash with Gloucester.

http://tinyurl.com/39gb48w

I'm really nervous about this game but I think we can nick it, 1-0 Agbonlahor with Clark putting in another Man of the Match performance, our other young lads doing us proud and our back four defending like lions! Come on you Villa boys.

What's the chance of the game being called off? Surrounding areas are gonna be dreadful.

Reading some of the comments on here we may as well call the game off as the outcome is a foregone conclusion.

There seems to be people saying we will win this and people saying we will lose it, quite typical for a match thread, so not sure what you are trying to say.

I think there is a slight feeling that suggesting anything other than a win against SHA is a form of heresy.

Update: CC on bench.

I guess that means we'll play the same side as last match, -Pires + Gabby/Delf

Good to know CC is close to full fitness. I was confident we could win this until I read your last comment. There is no way he can play Pires after Saurday's performance. He will get trampled to bits and that's putting it nicely.

I questioned the last manager favoring certain players when their form didn't warrant it; this would certainly be a similar case to me. I hope he sees sense and he gets nowhere near the pitch tonight.

-Pires means minus Pires lol. I'd guess the side will remain unchanged except Pires out and either Gabby / Fonz or Carew / Gabby up front

Who would have thought missing a little dash nearly gave me a heart attack. Thanks for pointing that out; now I can rest again. :clap:

gonna be tough obviously

game hinges on the midfield imo. i dont think blues have amazing players there, but we are going probably going to be playing clark, bannan and hogg! although these are 3 talented kids, how will they cope starting a cup quarter final away at the sty? id be more confident if we had at least one 1st choice CM in there.

hopefully they can put in performances like against man u. need gabby to be back to his blues beating best as well!