Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

villianusa

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling we'll get a real beating. We look spineless at the moment and without any direction.

When we played this mob at home recently we were tripe and overly negative. We play anything like that I have a feeling they'll take us out this time especially as they've probably sussed out how **** clueless we've become.

Heres hoping we can turn things around and show some balls. We're Aston Villa and defeat to this scum is always unacceptable. I will be there giving my all. I just hope Mr Houllier can get the players to do the same.

This is it. Backs against the wall and we've got to come out fighting. Siege mentality time. Our season starts here. This is the turning point.

Anyway

-------------Friedel-------------

Lichaj-Cuellar-Clark-L Young

-------NRC------Bannan-------

A Young----Ireland----Downing

-----------Agbonlahor-----------

---------------Friedel---------------

Young--Cuellar--Dunne--Warnock

---------------Clark-----------------

Young--Ireland--Bannan--Downing

---------------Gabby---------------

Subs:- Guzan, Beye, Hogg, Fonz, Pires, Herd, Heskey (believe he starts training Monday)

I would sit Clark in front of the back four and play as a sweeper in front of them. This would give the attacking 5 more freedom to express themselves and know there is someone covering them. Not saying they wouldn't have to defend but all Clark's job is to hold play up until players get back or win the ball and play it simple.

I could go into more detail in what each players job would be but I'll leave that for another day. :)

Subs:- Guzan, Beye, Hogg, Fonz, Pires, Herd, Heskey (believe he starts training Monday)

I would sit Clark in front of the back four and play as a sweeper in front of them. This would give the attacking 5 more freedom to express themselves and know there is someone covering them. Not saying they wouldn't have to defend but all Clark's job is to hold play up until players get back or win the ball and play it simple.

I could go into more detail in what each players job would be but I'll leave that for another day. :)

No Collins? Unless you got mixed up with Cuellar.

Cuellar said on his Facebook he's not back until the Liverpool game. :winkold:

I think in the interests of my health if it goes to pens ill have to leave, losing to SHA in a cup game on pens is one of my worst nightmares, many a time I have woken in a cold sweat just at the thought of it. I know the bastards would rub it in like they had won 10-0. I truly hope we thrash them, but I have a very, very negative feeling unfortunatly, it is possibly going to be most nerve racking game I have ever attended. The atmosphere will be hostile to the max and I hope this dosen't affect the players, nothing would give me greater pleasure to beat these bunch of morons but it would take a braver man than me to confidently predict a victory.

Ireland and Delfouneso have to start over Carew and Pires.

Lose this at your peril Monsieur Houllier as defeat against this shite is unacceptable. We have the players to win if played in the right system, with a high tempo and sent out with the right attitude. Its down to Frenchie to get it right.

No Collins? Unless you got mixed up with Cuellar.

Cuellar said on his Facebook he's not back until the Liverpool game. :winkold:

Nope I have it right; he said on Twitter he fully fit and starts training tomorrow. Collins is struggling with his calf but he could force his way onto the bench.