Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

villianusa

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see anything other than a defeat

Surprise, surprise.

Really? I'll tell you what I find surprising, a poster who doesn't post very often in two years and hardly ever posts things about something I say yet posts a comment like this because one or two others have no doubt.

Can't see anything other than a defeat

Surprise, surprise.

Really? I'll tell you what I find surprising, a poster who doesn't post very often in two years and hardly ever posts things about something I say yet posts a comment like this because one or two others have no doubt.

Hardly. I read these boards often enough to see how negative you are about everything. What does it make a difference if I don't post very often? ... Oh wait, I'm obviously not a worthy fan if I don't post things on a forum.

Seems to be a bit of a Richard-hating bandwagon on the go here, when what we're really looking for is a sensible discussion on what is a huge match being played later on tonight.

For all those jumping on said bandwagon, who of you are expecting a victory? and why? given our current form.

Form means nothing in these types of games, especially when coupled together with the fact its a cup tie.

We won't just lay over and die like some people think. Houllier will definitely have the boys up for this one, and with Gabby back in there I'm sure we can get the win. The game at VP suited them more because we all know how they play, they are going to have to come out and play more attacking for this one and I think that will suit us.

Good Response.

My problem is that Im not sure how well we'll be able to deal with them coming and attacking us. Let's be fair though, they did actually come out and play at Villa Park, and at times they were the far better side.

I expect a loss too. We're not in great form, especially away from home. They'll be incredibly up for it and will make it very very tough for us. I'm not saying we can win - and god I hope we do - but I have no reason to think it is likely.

I do wonder what the response will be if we do lose. Will people start to get on Houlliers back? Lets hope we don't find out.

Good Response.

My problem is that Im not sure how well we'll be able to deal with them coming and attacking us. Let's be fair though, they did actually come out and play at Villa Park, and at times they were the far better side.

True, probably for the whole first half.

I can see the factors why people may think we'll lose but I'm going to believe we can win whatever the circumstances because it's the kind of mindset I always hold.

Update: CC on bench.

I guess that means we'll play the same side as last match, -Pires + Gabby/Delf

One thing houllier needs to sort out is playing cuellar. For this important match we need our best defence and cuellar is currently part of that.

It's snowing at the moment, but it's more dust snow than big flakes....It only started about 30 mins ago though.

Yeah, strange old snow...its been snowing for a while in Redditch yet the dry patch where the car was on the drive is still dry and clear...oh and there is blue skys above so im slightly confused :P

Seen some who says this is a must win. It's never a must win away from home, particularly not in a derby.

Its a knockout competition. It's definitely a must win. Especially if you want to win the whole thing.