Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the players have asked Carew what the new gaffer is like....somehow I can't see Big John praising the guy....

someone said he has already praised him in a Norwegian news paper a couple of days ago.

Well he's not going to dig his own grave now.

I'm sure the players have asked Carew what the new gaffer is like....somehow I can't see Big John praising the guy....

Did Carew not rate him highly in a Norweigan article a few weeks ago. I think 1 norweigan lads made an article about it where he rated all his former managers

In fact it was worse than I originally suggested, Carew rated him worst manager ever played under, apparently everyone who plays for him thinks that

Did Carew not rate him highly in a Norweigan article a few weeks ago. I think 1 norweigan lads made an article about it where he rated all his former managers

In fact it was worse than I originally suggested, Carew rated him worst manager ever played under, apparently everyone who plays for him thinks that

Does it really matter?

Does it really matter?

If the players like and respect the manager? I think so, yes.

Does it really matter?

Well Mike I always prefer the truth tbh, stuff thats simply made up to suit annoys me

But he also said a couple of days ago that he didn't mind him being the new manager, but as someone said earlier, he was hardly to dig his own grave by saying he didn't want him. I think he'll give him another chance. The question is whether Houllier will give him another chance.

I'm happy with this signing, closing in on excited, but the judge's out there. He's not a guarantee for succes, but he's able to give us that. I think he's the best, or at least one of the best, we realistically could ask for at this time. We'll see.

I'd imagine the reason that Carew does not like Houllier is because he sold him?

Or at least there may be bad feelings from being sold?

Actually the general opinion was that the Chairman of Lyon didn't like Carew and told Houllier to get rid

I'd imagine the reason that Carew does not like Houllier is because he sold him?

Or at least there may be bad feelings from being sold?

Actually the general opinion was that the Chairman of Lyon didn't like Carew and told Houllier to get rid

Hmmm, then I am fresh out of ideas. I guess he just doesn't prefer Houllier.

I don't really mind, I find Carew to be a decent player up front but his finishing skills are diminishing. I'd imagine he'll be sold soon, be it dissatisfaction with Houllier, to relieve the wages bill, make room for another player, ect.

Most successful manager we've ever appointed. Can't argue with that really. There were managers I wanted more, but they're unemployment so I'll take this. Obviously I'll reserve judgement until Christmas or so though.

186 votes and a 90% approval rating.

There's not a politician in the free world who has ever received 90%

I really don't understand the relevance of that considering he's not a politician in the free world. :?

Also politicians don't get voted in after they've been given the job, surely?

I'd have preferred someone younger as the manager personally, but I don't have a problem with Houllier. Not overwhelmed, not underwhelmed either.

Â