Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

a lot of hopeful wishful thinkers voting i see

A lot of happy posters posting I think you will find....That is the question afterall.

If your not happy, tough...He's our new manager!

i'll save this and remind you in 6 months time matey dont worry i wont be too happy when i say told you so , hope im proved wrong i'll admit it most on here wouldnt

Why would you be proving me wrong? I'm happy that we have Houllier as manager, what are you going to tell me so in 6 months time? That I wasn't happy? Well I am!!!!!!< Six of the best to prove it.

I don't think we're going to win the league, I don't think we're going to get relegated....Exciting times ahead....The unknown is exciting.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you've been sucked by the reform acquisitions ltd propaganda machine.

Its a terrible appointment. It's like bringing Peter Withe out of retirement to play up front.

He's too old. too out of touch, and the fire in his belly has long since gone.

I'll be proved right. Houllier will be gone in the summer.

Yet you would be happy with Sven who is only 1 year younger.

Very happy with the appointment, bags of experience and a proven winner.

I don't understand some of the negativity surrounding this appointment, IMO he is a better manager than O'Neill and has certainly won more

a lot of hopeful wishful thinkers voting i see

A lot of happy posters posting I think you will find....That is the question afterall.

If your not happy, tough...He's our new manager!

Agreed. Even if you don't like the appointment (which I personally am excited by) what's the point of still moaning about others being excited by it? The decision has been made now, we might as well be optimistic.

i meant i'll unfortunately be proved right that it was a wrong choice , we'll just wait and see

I wasn't aware you were a psychic, or perhaps that you know better than someone who has been in the industry for as long as Houllier has?

Even if Houllier does make a hash of it, will it really be satisfying to say "I told you so"? Either way, I'm happy by the appointment, he has so much experience and he's a proven winner. I would rather give it to an experienced head than any of the other applicants or an up-and-coming manager who it could turn out may not be able to hack it in the Premier League.

Totally gutted. Look forward to far duller football than O'Neill ever served,

There is nothing like looking forward to the impossible, unless we move from the clueless dull of before to a tactical dull.

How about wait and see?

Good luck Gerard !!

Solid appointment, under the circumstances possibly inspired, hopefully he's still got the desire and the connections to make it a success. I for one will be backing him and hopefully the rest of Lower North nutters will too !!

Few people who emailed SSN and the phrase "a safe pair of hands" kept cropping up.

I don't think for one minute GH is the long term plan but I think Randy Lerner felt he would be a safe pair of hands for now.

I'm glad his approval rating is currently almost 90%. Makes a mockery of the papers saying he has to win the fans over. Sometimes the negative voices shout loudest.

Here here, good post.

To be honest i dont like the bloke, and i think his style of football is horrendous. But it could have been worse K-Mac, Bob Bradley and Alan Curbishley have all been favourites at one point Houllier is on a different planet to them.

I want him to be a success, i really do and he has my full support. But to say im happy would be a lie to be honest.

you've been sucked by the reform acquisitions ltd propaganda machine.

Its a terrible appointment. It's like bringing Peter Withe out of retirement to play up front.

He's too old. too out of touch, and the fire in his belly has long since gone.

I'll be proved right. Houllier will be gone in the summer.

Errr

Gerard Houllier 63

Roy Hodgson 64

fabio Capello 64

Alex Fergusun 69

Harry Redknapp 63

Arsene Wenger 60

shall I go on...................................

Unnecessary

Welcome to AVFC Monsieur Houllier.

I've every faith in you and know you'll take great pride in leading our famous club into a new era.

I can't wait to get up Stoke Monday now - Bring it on.. :hooray:

*Forgot to add* Ladbrokes owe me £400 thanks to you good self so if you fancy a glass of wine ON ME, I'll be in the Holte Suite before the Bolton game.. :winkold: :lol:

Â