Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off Topic a second:

I'll be gutted if we only win 5-0.

I've been to Stoke away last 2 seasons.. watching this one on TV.

I don't think I've ever been as cold anywhere as the Brittannia.. it's like watching football in a wind tunnel!

On topic: I know nothing about this Patrice Bergues.. is he supposed to be good?

best appointment we could have gotten out of who was realistically available it seems..

Houlliers contacts will be a god send for us, and finally our scouting system will get up to scratch.

im fully behind the bloke as all fans should be at this point, very intersted to see what he does to the team. More good news is the fact that there is obviously money available for him else he wouldnt have come here...

glad we can now move forward..

Im relatively happy with the appointment, GH has a good history post heart op and did good things at Liverpool. Hope everyone gets behind the team and the manager as this is the only way success can be gained.

Will be interesting to see how he implanents his sty;e of play on our squad and who he picks. Obviously the Stoke game will be picked apart but being realistic we wont see his influence for a few weeks yet.

Good luck Mr Houllier, welcome to Villa Park.

Gerard, being a Frenchman you should have a good taste in fine wine. You have sampled a cheap and cheerful Red, now it's time for you to enjoy a very fine and distinguished Claret. Welcome to Aston Villa Football Club - Good Luck :flag:

:lol:

The thing is our short term aim is get AVFC into the Champion's League, which means finishing 4th or higher. Houllier does have a track record of accomplishing this goal with Liverpool.

We also need a manager who knows how to succeed once we get into CL and take on top European team successfully.

Therefore it's not such a bad thing if we have a little continental acumen within our "very British club"...surely?

I just hope very much that our fabulous conveyor belt of young players isn't replaced by foreign youngsters. Supplement what's lacking ...YES by all means....but replace with foreign similar at the expense of home grown talent...NO thanks!

Although, I honestly think though that Houllier & his team will be absolutely delighted at the standard of the youngsters we have coming through.

Michael Drennen who is 16 scored 2 goals for the under 18s V Liverpool & he's tipped to be an absolute star if he carries on. Then there's Gary Gardner, Harry Forester....and others..who look like being top draw players if they carry on.

If he can bring through fonz and Albrighton a la gerrard/Owen (I.e. They got plenty of chances under Houllier at Anfailed)

Have we actually signed that Serrano kid? Hopefully he can be the next fabregas - and there's no danger of him wanting to go to Barcelona! (As he's an Espanyol fan)

Off Topic a second:

I'll be gutted if we only win 5-0.

I've been to Stoke away last 2 seasons.. watching this one on TV.

I don't think I've ever been as cold anywhere as the Brittannia.. it's like watching football in a wind tunnel!

On topic: I know nothing about this Patrice Bergues.. is he supposed to be good?

He was part of the Liverpool coaching team when they were succesful, as soon as he left for pastures new, the team went into decline. Make your own conclusions, very highly regarded.

Do we know when the press conference is today, I may sneak off and watch it(benefit of working from home :))

The Ginger SSN reporter is outside BMH and he don't think there will be one till tomorrow, he thinks they're going to talk about the Stoke game and show off Houllier in one go.

He said Petrov pulled up rolled down his window and asked him what he was doing outside BMH today, the ginger reporter said you've got a new manager coming today.....Petrov said...Oh yeah

Â