Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seven out of ten for GH on my Excitement-O-Meter.

I'm with the ones who would have preferred to see MON stay and make this his club.

But for the love of sweet zombie Jesus, can we please be a bit more united in support of GH than we were with MON.

I don't think that stacks up TBF.

MON had the overwhelming support of the vast majority of match going Villa fans. Indeed, I'd go as far as to say there have been more successful managers (like BFR, Brian Little) who weren't as popular.

Not that they were unpopular, you understand. More that the support MON enjoyed was closer to hero worship at times.

Fans questioning decisions either in the pub or on internet messageboards is part and parcel of the game. Perhaps his overall appeal was starting to wane. It would have been interesting to see what kind of reaction he would have generated had he overseen a sluggish start to the season or individual results like Newcastle and Rapid Vienna at home. We'll never know - the timing of his departure ensured that if nothing else.

Ultimately he enjoyed more favourable conditions than any Villa manager in living memory, popular extended support from the fans and strong financial backing that outstripped even the likes of Manure, Liverpool and Arsenal in recent seasons.

Even with all that he still decided to bail when he did.

It's history now. GH as an appointment might not have generated the same level of excitement that MON's did back in 2006 - or even DOL's did in 2003. Instead, there might be closer parallels with Fulham's appointment of Woy back in 98. That wasn't an arrival greeted with huge fanfare either. But if -like Woy managed for Fulham- we exceed expectations under GH, I don't think many will ultimately care.

Fantastic!! He is going to be wonderful! Hopefully Ronald MacDonald will still have a role.

I really think we have stepped up from MON.

Deleted

Welcome to the Villa Mr. Houllier! Its a Bright Future!

186 votes and a 90% approval rating.

There's not a politician in the free world who has ever received 90%

Exactly , as always it is the naysayers, shit-stirrers and the perennially constipated who are the most vocal protesters here , while the silent majority have cast their ballot.

GED leading 234(yes)-19(no) :D Villa fans , always fair , always sound 8) :thumb:

welcome Gerard , hope you forget your Liverpool loyalties soon

:wink:

Seven out of ten for GH on my Excitement-O-Meter.

I'm with the ones who would have preferred to see MON stay and make this his club.

But for the love of sweet zombie Jesus, can we please be a bit more united in support of GH than we were with MON.

I don't think that stacks up TBF.

MON had the overwhelming support of the vast majority of match going Villa fans. Indeed, I'd go as far as to say there have been more successful managers (like BFR, Brian Little) who weren't as popular.

Not that they were unpopular, you understand. More that the support MON enjoyed was closer to hero worship at times.

Fans questioning decisions either in the pub or on internet messageboards is part and parcel of the game. Perhaps his overall appeal was starting to wane. It would have been interesting to see what kind of reaction he would have generated had he overseen a sluggish start to the season or individual results like Newcastle and Rapid Vienna at home. We'll never know - the timing of his departure ensured that if nothing else.

Ultimately he enjoyed more favourable conditions than any Villa manager in living memory, popular extended support from the fans and strong financial backing that outstripped even the likes of Manure, Liverpool and Arsenal in recent seasons.

Even with all that he still decided to bail when he did.

It's history now. GH as an appointment might not have generated the same level of excitement that MON's did back in 2006 - or even DOL's did in 2003. Instead, there might be closer parallels with Fulham's appointment of Woy back in 98. That wasn't an arrival greeted with huge fanfare either. But if -like Woy managed for Fulham- we exceed expectations under GH, I don't think many will ultimately care.

How dare you disagree :)

Thing is, although you're right about the last manager getting overall support, there were enough against him for him to be booed on occasion.

I'm all for constructive discussion on a manager's decisions, but if it leads to a good manager being abused at VP it's going too far.

just trying to remember how long MoN hadnt managed in the premier league or had anything to do with football before we had him as our manager? cant understand the media crap about GH not managing in premier league for 6 years?

short memories?

im happy enough at the moment, i have high expectations for aston villa, unrealistic? possibly but i have expectations.

if he does well then great, if he does bad then not so great, will worry about it when one or the other happen.

isnt my first choice but i can not see randy offering me the job, so they will have to take whats left.

Â