Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

Am I happy? I'm made up. It's a stroke of genius. As soon as I heard him linked I thought it'd be a great coup. I didn't actually think we'd be able to get him though.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair tho Rob, this last week there has been way more negative posts than 7% of the people posting

Nah, I just think it's more tha the negative people like to make themselves heard more.

Yup, also people will discuss the moans and groans a lot more than someone saying "I'm happy", therefore the threads get filled up with the moaners and people arguing with them.

wiganvillain, that's true.. but they should just shut up instead of making assumptions!

To be fair tho Rob, this last week there has been way more negative posts than 7% of the people posting

Nah, I just think it's more tha the negative people like to make themselves heard more.

Yup, also people will discuss the moans and groans a lot more than someone saying "I'm happy", therefore the threads get filled up with the moaners and people arguing with them.

wiganvillain, that's true.. but they should just shut up instead of making assumptions!

You could be right, but if someone was to ask me this morning, what percentage of Villa fans are happy - based on what Ive seen this week - I definately wouldnt have said 93% and I dont think any of you guys would either.

Not that its not positive though

I can understand why some may be disappointed.

O'Neill was the one 'Name' at the club. He didn't buy 'big name' players, he was the focal point of the team. When he left, there was no one there to really look up to. O'Neill also, still to this day, has a good reputation with the press to a point where it seems that he can't do wrong. We were never going to get such a name - what we may find Houllier doing, is bringing in players with this standing, once he's flogged the crap in our squad, which is better for the team.

He's not been out of football. He's been out of England, but that'd not out of football. Sure, the French team isn't doing so well at the moment.

Players will want to come and play for him though. Good players. Houllier has worked in enough big clubs to know how a club needs to be set up, and I'm sure he'll work at bringing in a structure to the club to allow us to grow and be a bigger club.

I'm also pretty excited to read about the fellow he's bringing with him. Those two, together, won things at Lyon, and it was when they were together that Houllier managed the greater successes at Liverpool. These people are no mugs. They win things.

The chances of signing players not restricted to the Premier League, winning games in March, going into seasons prepared and not leaving signings until the last minute. If we manage to get into Europe whilst he's here, he may take it seriously.

Of course, Houllier might do the same. He may not manage to do some of the things we took for granted at being done well by O'Neill. But it's the excitement that the major gripes of MON's reign for me, could be sorted by Houllier.

I'm not one for telling people to back the club, back x, back y, 'great post' just because it agrees with your personal thoughts, but it'll take a few weeks for him to get to grips with the team and get his philosphy on the pitch. It's fairly obvious that we enquired about Moyes, Jol etc, and as expected at this time of year, they would have told us, as honest men with integrity, that they would have to stay at their clubs. Houllier gives us experience, knowledge and the ability to add something we don't currently have at the club.

I'm looking forward to it.

I don't think that's the case, sentiment changed dramatically once people realised houllier was almost certain to be appointed.

Presumably alot of reaction was knee jerk and at the time of a list of possibilities people had other ideas as there favourites. There are plenty of quotes from people who said "I wasnt keen at first but now im warming to the idea".

I actually found a lot of arguments to be flawed, similary to what is posted in the article above, because everyone relied on what liverpool fans thought of his tenure.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/football-clubs-etrangers/2010/09/04/02017-20100904ARTSPO00426-houllier-vers-aston-villa.php

Aston Villa is not a club of the same level as Liverpool" he said. "Let's be objective and honest, it is a club which, for me, finds itself between seventh and twelfth place.

Meet your new boss. and his new objective.

The bottom end of his objective can balls - 7th id take but 12th? **** off

He wouldn't have been my first choice, in fact he'd have been quite a way down the list. But he's here now, and he has my full support. I'm not a football expert, and I don't know the reasoning behind the rejection of certain managers (such as MacDonald, who I would have liked to see get the job) so I will just put my faith in the board to have made a good decision, and back Houllier.

I'm glad Thompson didn't come though. I can put my faith in our manager, regardless of history or association with the most shambolic national football team in modern history, but I would have struggled to support Phil 'I Love Liverpool, Let's Talk About Liverpool, Did I Mention I Love Liverpool?' Thompson.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/football-clubs-etrangers/2010/09/04/02017-20100904ARTSPO00426-houllier-vers-aston-villa.php

Aston Villa is not a club of the same level as Liverpool" he said. "Let's be objective and honest, it is a club which, for me, finds itself between seventh and twelfth place.

Google translation is so reliable :?

I love how you said that....meet YOUR new boss boys like you're no longer a AV fan....Thank god if you're not.

Selective quoting can win you any argument.

What about when he talks about the clubs history, the desire to improve year-on-year?

If he wants to improve year on year, then 7th isn't his objective is it?

Please explain why you think this is his "new objective". It's idiots like you that give Villa fans a bad press.

You seemed to have ignored the whole article.

Gérard Houllier officially was named to manage Aston Villa this Wednesday.

The henceforth former member of the DTN justified his choice by a big craving to rediscover the land. It is not a matter in any case no a form of escape after the fiasco of the Blue ones in South Africa…

It was become a secret of Polichinelle, this is henceforth official. Gérard Houllier is the new one to manage Aston Villa. The club of Birmingham announces it on his official site this Wednesday. The length of the contract of the French technician was not specified in the communiqué, but it should be a matter of a lease of three years according to certain English media. "That began itching me, explains Houllier on the waves of RTL. I had a big craving to return in the field." Former trainer of Lens, Paris, Blue and of Liverpool, Gérard Houllier, 63 years, no longer had coaché since 2007 and his departure of the Olympic one of lyons one. It officiait as employer of the National Technical Direction since. The interim president of the FFF does not have besides does obstacle to the cravings besides of his former employee. "I effectively will leave it to leave for Aston Villa, declared Fernand Duchaussoy on RTL. This is a friend of long date for which I have a lot of admirations."

"Not level of Liverpool" Gérard Houllier rediscovers therefore a championship that it connait well, him that brought back Liverpool to the highest level between 1998 and 2004 with notably a historic trebled one in 2001 (Cup, Cuts League, UEFA Cup). "Aston Villa is not a club of the level of Liverpool, it reconnait-t-il. Let's be objectives and honest… IT IS a club that is situated, for me, between the seventh one and the twelfth place (English championship). It is especially a historic club, that won the League of the Champions (editor's Note: in 1982). It is a club that has very good installations, a good team and that asks only a thing: to progress year in year." Why a club of environment to choose of English picture, after tasting the highest level by the passed? "I of course had other suggestions, but that one seemed me to be the most interesting one in terms of environment, of work conditions", it assures.

"No link with the fiasco of the World-wide one" favoring maintenance of Raymond Domenech in 2008, Gérard Houllier often was attacked since the end of the World-wide one. "If did the fiasco of the last World-wide one precipitate my decision? No, not at all, it asserts. I accept being responsible of what happened in South Africa, but not guilty. The people did the amalgam… THIS IS of the passed. There is not any link of cause to effect. Without the suggestion of Aston Villa, I would have remained at the DTN." Fernand Duchaussoy abounds besides in this direction. "This is a completely personal decision on his part, precise the president of the 3F. It desired to live a new adventure in the field. This is his principal motivation and this is a unique occasion to relive the sensations of the passed." Gérard Houllier "will dispute" his first game on the bench of Villa Monday next in the field of Stoke. First game to Birmingham? In ten days, facing Bolton. Of here there, the FFF doubtless will have named his substitute at the head of the DTN…

Along with my question about who has achieved more in the game our new manager or our ex manager?

I hope that statement is either completely wrong or very much out of context.

I really cannot support a comment like that from our manager, if it is of course how it reads to me there.

Â