Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geniune question (not to make a point, I just don't know the answer):

In peoples opinions, is Houllier likely to make tactical changes during a match? I don't mean going a second goal down after 60 minutes and then throwing on 3 subs just to try something different, I mean something like spotting our fullback getting beat too many times and changing the formation and or player(s) to sort it out.

The reason I ask is, despite supporting MON whilst he was with us, I did get frustrated at the lack of a 'plan B'.

you've been sucked by the reform acquisitions ltd propaganda machine.

Its a terrible appointment. It's like bringing Peter Withe out of retirement to play up front.

He's too old. too out of touch, and the fire in his belly has long since gone.

I'll be proved right. Houllier will be gone in the summer.

Errr

Gerard Houllier 63

Roy Hodgson 64

fabio Capello 64

Alex Fergusun 69

Harry Redknapp 63

Arsene Wenger 60

shall I go on..............................…..

Exactly, there are a lot of older managers around and that's no bad thing. They have experience and command respect for being around for so long, players need a manager they can respect. As for the fire in his belly, how do you know? Have you asked him personally or are you just assuming? I hardly think his desire will have gone, I doubt he needs the money and he had a pretty sweet job as Technical Director, infact I'd go as far as to say I think it shows he has the determination moreso because he COULD have stayed with the FFF but he wants another crack at the premier league.

Best of what we could have got with maybe the exception of Hitzfeld or Jol, and Hitzfeld's tactics hardly set the world alight yesterday. Let's hope he can take us to somewhere near the 'next level' or at least keep us where we are.

Geniune question (not to make a point, I just don't know the answer):

In peoples opinions, is Houllier likely to make tactical changes during a match? I don't mean going a second goal down after 60 minutes and then throwing on 3 subs just to try something different, I mean something like spotting our fullback getting beat too many times and changing the formation and or player(s) to sort it out.

The reason I ask is, despite supporting MON whilst he was with us, I did get frustrated at the lack of a 'plan B'.

Yes was always very tactically astute.

He's our manager now and the best of a bad bunch, some people are dreaming if they think people like Hiddink, Moyes etc were coming here. As far as im concerned it's hello to a fresh start after the shambles that o'neil left us in, and i'll be giving 100% support. :flag:

He's our manager now and the best of a bad bunch, some people are dreaming if they think people like Hiddink, Moyes etc were coming here. As far as im concerned it's hello to a fresh start after the shambles that o'neil left us in, and i'll be giving 100% support. :flag:

O'Neill left us in very good shape, not a shambles. Houllier will have a great base to work from and we can do well under him this season.

what excites me most is the doors this could open up. the contacts he must have across europe plus the work hes done in the academies in france surely he must have a few ideas on some good continental flair to bring in on the cheap. benzema in january anyone?

bon chance monsieur, vive la villa!

O'Neill left us in very good shape, not a shambles. Houllier will have a great base to work from and we can do well under him this season.

Was talkin more about his sudden departure causing chaos more then him fudging up the club, i'll agree with you that in terms of players and infrastructure we are in pretty good shape.

Can't say I'm exhilerated over this appointment, and I was extremely critical of him when he was manager of Liverplop so logically I can not alter this opinion simply because he is now part of the Villa family so I can only answer 'No'. However, I trust the Villa board have gone pretty deep in their thought process to who is the best fit and if they have come back with Houllier, then I am happy to trust their judgement.

Good luck Gerard... I just hope it goes better than I imagine.

Â