Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

GH didn't have to join us but he did
I was in France when the GH Villa appointment was announced, and there was quite an interesting little article in l'Equipe about it. They made the point that it was a good time for GH to bail from his French FA job, as he was associated with the Domenech regime, and there was a "new broom" approach going on since the Laurent Blanc takeover.

Had it not been for Villa he may have been out of a job.

Indeed when I was in France in July he was copping a fair amount of flak in the sports press, he was taking a good deal of blame in the post World Cup post mortem

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except the simple fact is the statement is not accurate. Again you two believe that he has NOT signed anything yet. So effectively you are saying Aston Villa football club with an incredibly succesfull business man at the helm, has a press conference to present GH as our new manager with nothing signed. C'mon guys that is dreamland.

On the other hand, you seem to be saying that an honest and successful football manager was lying when he said he hadn't signed anything.

Houlston we have a problem!

Been a while since I heard that one :D

Ive read it and I just cant believe it, its bonkers, this now has me questioning the board a little.

Oh and apologies to those I was referring to in dreamland

the problem is MON ruined a lot of things with awful signings and costs for players like Harewood, Heskey, Maloney etc etc.

We bought a player for £1 million. We sold same player for £3 million. I agree with Harewood and Heskey, but Maloney? He wasn’t the best thing ever, but at the price paid and then sold, he’s not that

bad

Bizarrely the official website is referenced for that, which then comes up with £2.5 million. Anyway the point is MONs stupidity in the transfer market at times, can’t be illustrated with Maloney; yes Heskey, yes Harewood, yes Davies, etc. With some players you wanted to believe they would come good, despite the evidence being contra. With Maloney everything pointed to it being a good deal; £1 million for a highly regarded young player is something to get excited.

Anyway the point is damn MON for all the bad decisions, he made enough, but Shaun Maloney imo is a pretty weak example.

Did we sell him for 3 Million? I thought it was the same price we paid.

We bought him cheap with 6 months left on his contract, we sold him back with years left on his contract. We made a large percentage profit. Whether it was 150% or 200% profit is open to debate I suppose but we definitely made money

Â