Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gutted.

Totally gutted. Look forward to far duller football than O'Neill ever served, propped up by a bunch of dodgy eastern european signings. This is the man who paid £11m for Heskey!

This is up there with the news we signed Harewood, Djemba Djemba and Heskey as abosolute shockers. For us to be a top 6 Prem club, one of the top 3 leagues in the world, and this is the best we can do?

Frankly Lerner couldn't sell a bucket of ice cold water to a man on fire if this is the best he could interest. I hope he does well, but frankly, I'd rather a risk was taken on someone English, upcoming, and we developed the theme O'Neill had started.

Totally gutted with this.

Randy's gone and got the best man available. Can't ask for any more. Good luck Gerard.

Anyone fancy Jeremy Toulalan in January?

If your talking french players or players within the french league

Flamini is more realistic can rule out Diarra because of his rediculous wage demands and is nothing more than a mercenary.

No to Nzogbia as well whinging clearing in the woods

if he's thinking about replacing warnock already with a french equivalent or someone within the french league taye taiwo might be a good shout

Didier Agathe anyone?

Wonder if he'd try and get Carragher in?

Been out of the spotlight for six years it really is a case of 'shit or bust' by the board, can't knock his record in the past but times have changed, i'm on the fence with this one.

More interested to see if gonzo will come from sky or not in a strange way!! :shock:

gutted.

Totally gutted. Look forward to far duller football than O'Neill ever served, propped up by a bunch of dodgy eastern european signings. This is the man who paid £11m for Heskey!

To be fair, heskey was a quality player back then.

As I've said previously, I think he was the outstanding, and procurable, managerial application at this current time. I look forward to his tenure at our club, I hope he can extend on our strengths and expand the club's profile worldwide.

this is a black day in the history of aston villa football club. I've never ever been this deflated in my entire life. we've really been sold down the river. I stayed in bed all day with the covers over my head praying hard that someone of hiddinks class would come. I'm staying in bed all day tomorrow. 3 year contract? that means competing for honours is 8 years away. a disgusting appointment.

O'LearyBabySquad has been trolling since I was 12. That's 10 years of trolling. And he's only getting better with age

I'm more worried by want he is doing beneath the covers :lol:

:bonk: :crylaugh: :bonk: :crylaugh: :bonk: :crylaugh:

You're so funnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ! , I am sure Fozzy Bear is on this site.

Lets look at it.

Finished no lower than 5th in England

Won 2 league cups, 1 FA Cup , Uefa Cup, Super Cup

Won French league twice in last 4 yrs, when he left to take re-control of the French Football association.

The same job he took up 12 yrs ago, devised and set up a training academy that England are now copying in Burton on Trent

Helped to bring through Frances golden generation like Petit, Henry, Viera and the likes

And until we nicked him, was being tasked to do it all again.

So lets get this right, I can't do the maths but I reckon he has won, on his own, in two of the 5 powerhouse leagues in Europe, more trophies than every single one of our managers put together since around 1910.

AND PEOPLE THINK WE ARE TOO GOOD FOR HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring on Miss Piggy !!!! :crylaugh:

Great appointment, time will tell if it is successful. But a great appointment !.

Makes me laugh - just heard Collymore criticising him. Is this the same Collymore that was bombed out (to us unfortunately) by Houllier for being a "Spice Boy" - yes Stan, thanks very much, I'll take someone elses opinion cheers !

gutted.

To be fair, heskey was a quality player back then.

yeah but its more fun to approach everything with a negative!

and as for lerner not being able to sell to the club i dont see why thats a huge shock, since when have we ever sold brum to a big european name? not going to happen, and as for hiddink, moyes etc that was never going to happen either, your disappointment is due more to unrealistic expectations than the ability of lerner to sell our club

After managers like Donadoni, Koeman, Southgate, Maradona, Curbs, Ericcson and KMAC were linked with the job, I am buzzing we given it to Houllier. He the best of a bad lot that is currently available. People who had dreams of Mourihno and Hiddink, need a reality check, we some way off attracting CL quality players and World Class Manager. In Houllier we have someone who in his two years at the club could set us forward to getting CL football regularly.

out of all the appointments over the years this one feels the least excitement for me, hope he can perform well as after Christmas and were struggling he's sure going to get stick regardless of being new

Randy's gone and got the best man available. Can't ask for any more. Good luck Gerard.

Anyone fancy Jeremy Toulalan in January?

If your talking french players or players within the french league

Flamini is more realistic can rule out Diarra because of his rediculous wage demands and is nothing more than a mercenary.

No to Nzogbia as well whinging clearing in the woods

if he's thinking about replacing warnock already with a french equivalent or someone within the french league taye taiwo might be a good shout

Didier Agathe anyone?

Wonder if he'd try and get Carragher in?

Carragher is Liverpool I very much doubt he would leave there without a fight.

It would be like taking your son/daughter to the park to play on the swings and slide then telling them it's time to go home....You know it's going to end in tears...Normally for the parent.

Â