Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect him to not only fail, but ruin the finest crop of youngsters at the club in my memory. So anything above that will be great! Low expectations are best for now I think!

So you're optimistic then? I fail to see where this opinion comes from though, why would he ruin the youngsters? It's been said all over the place that he's great with younger players coming through and he overhauled the FFF'S youth academy, so don't know why you're thinking that.

I personally am quite excited. I'm not expecting anything from the Stoke game, they always play well against us and now with Gudjohnson and Pennant (not that I rate that whiny bitch much) they could do some damage and are a bit less one dimensional.

I'm really interested to see which way he takes the team and what sort of players he brings in. Can't wait to hear his ideas and see his first signing, I just hope he gets some cash in January.

It doesn't hurt to get your hopes up, I'd be just as elated if he turns out to be a great appointment, and just as crushed if it doesn't work out either way, so being hopeful whilst staying in touch with reality is no bad thing.

Can I just up the optimism here a touch.

If this goes well, and how we expect, we couldn't half be sitting in a very healthy position come 2012.

It's been intimated everywhere, Houllier wants to get teh Villa boot room going. Thus, he will be there untl he decides he's done his bit, and leave someone already primed to take over (at this point, McDonald seems the guy, but that could change tomorrow).

So in 2012, we have improved, and have continuity.

At that stage, Fergie will be gone, and Moyes will almost certainly replace him - bye bye Everton

Capello will be gone, and Redknapp will take over (it can only be him or Woy) - bye bye Spurs

Whatever happens elsewhere, Liverpool are in the shit, and are crumbling as we speak, I can't see Woy changing it and he has now said today he needs to trim his squad - bye bye Liverpool

And we, will be sitting there with a team of Gabby, Ash, Delph, Fonz, Bannan, Albrighton, NRC as well as others Gerard and his team bring in - just reaching their prime - and we can start reaping the CL bucks !.

Life is all happy again :D

If this goes well, and how we expect, we couldn't half be sitting in a very healthy position come 2012.

It's been intimated everywhere, Houllier wants to get teh Villa boot room going. Thus, he will be there untl he decides he's done his bit, and leave someone already primed to take over (at this point, McDonald seems the guy, but that could change tomorrow).

At that stage, Fergie will be gone, and Moyes will almost certainly replace him - bye bye Everton

Capello will be gone, and Redknapp will take over (it can only be him or Woy) - bye bye Spurs

Whatever happens elsewhere, Liverpool are in the shit, and are crumbling as we speak, I can't see Woy changing it and he has now said today he needs to trim his squad - bye bye Liverpool

And we, will be sitting there with a team of Gabby, Ash, Delph, Fonz, Bannan, Albrighton, NRC as well as others Gerard and his team bring in - just reaching their prime - and we can start reaping the CL bucks !.

Providing we dont sell our best assets whenever we get offered alot of money for them

Providing we dont sell our best assets whenever we get offered alot of money for them

You can't stop mercenies like Milner and Barry from leaving though if an offer comes in. It's clear that we didn't want to sell either Milner or Barry but eventually we had nothing left to do but to sell them once said players suddenly decided they wanted to pack up and leave for a bigger wage packet. Players with loyalty and honour like Ash will stay unless we want to sell them or something goes horribly wrong with the club's progress.

I was just thinking today..... "I wonder what MON is thinking at this point in time or as he forgotten us already?"

probably not believing his luck when every pundit and rag in the country is putting him forward for the england job

I thought they were spouting off about Harry Redknapp at first....till someone pointed out that he will be 64/65 in 2012!

Not a coincidence IMHO that a good deal of our coaching staff walked out the door along with MON....could be an unwise decision...unless of course they'd had a wink concerning their next employment!

I was just thinking today..... "I wonder what MON is thinking at this point in time or as he forgotten us already?"

probably not believing his luck when every pundit and rag in the country is putting him forward for the england job

I have just had a letter from Birmingham City Council Benefit Service regarding a flat that I let out and it has the name "Martin O'Neill, Head of Benefits" at the bottom!! Given the amount that Heskey and Sidwell have been on for the last couple of years I think you could say that this is a role that our MON has been primed for!!

Can't say i'm to pleased with Houllier tbh, If people thought MON was poor in the transfer market they're in for a shock. He'll probably try and drag milan baros back here!

I will definately give him a chance, buti just don't see how he will enable us to make a step forward(or stand still).

Yeah I'd hate for him to sign players like Hyypia, Hamann, Henchoz, Riise, Babbel, McAllister, Barmby, Finnan, Dudek. That would be awful.

MON was not bad in the market.

Houllier has signed some absolute dross as well, and high risk dross at that.

Let's not get carried away in the excitement of something actually happening. Houllier has been hit and miss in the transfer market, like many managers.

On balance I'd say that Houllier's failings in the market have been much more catastrophic that MON's. Also, on balance I'd say MON is the better manager, but I'm willing to reserve judgement somewhat on that issue in the meantime.

I'm willing to let Houllier win me over, but I'm still very much 'undecided'.

Every manager has signed terrible players, what I think is important is that they also sign some excellent ones. GH has done that at his last 2 clubs and is trusted with developing France's youth.

That is a man I am happy to have as manager, it could turn sour for all kinds of reason's but for me he is a great appointment.

I expect him to not only fail, but ruin the finest crop of youngsters at the club in my memory. So anything above that will be great! Low expectations are best for now I think!

Yes I think he's going to ruin their careers just as he did with Gerrard, Caragher, Owen etc., to name but a few. And I think he might just fail like he did at Liverpool and Lyons and as French Technical Director too.

I take it your not an empirical philosopher then?

Yes I think he's going to ruin their careers just as he did with Gerrard, Caragher, Owen etc., to name but a few. And I think he might just fail like he did at Liverpool and Lyons and as French Technical Director too.

I take it your not an empirical philosopher then?

:lol:

So you're optimistic then? I fail to see where this opinion comes from though, why would he ruin the youngsters? It's been said all over the place that he's great with younger players coming through and he overhauled the FFF'S youth academy, so don't know why you're thinking that.

I personally am quite excited. I'm not expecting anything from the Stoke game, they always play well against us and now with Gudjohnson and Pennant (not that I rate that whiny bitch much) they could do some damage and are a bit less one dimensional.

I'm really interested to see which way he takes the team and what sort of players he brings in. Can't wait to hear his ideas and see his first signing, I just hope he gets some cash in January.

It doesn't hurt to get your hopes up, I'd be just as elated if he turns out to be a great appointment, and just as crushed if it doesn't work out either way, so being hopeful whilst staying in touch with reality is no bad thing.

Actually Benzema had already been blooded and was already being scouted by Fergie, Gerrard broke through in Houillier first season when he was sharing the managerial role with Roy Evans, He did do well with Carra though. Owen had already broken through. So Houillier's record with youngster is hardly not great its ok, but nothing special and he is several years older and heart bypasses weaker. I wish him the best of luck like any other Villa manager but I won't get my hopes up. Like I said low expectations are best nowadays.

They're not though are they?

AFAIK, there is a huge pressure/expectation that the next guy should be an Englishman.

That would rule MON out.

Plus, I think he'd be pretty rubbish at it, TBH.

Bruce, Big Sam and Redders have already all declared an interest. I think Redders would easily be the best man for the job.

Has anyone heard anything whatsoever from/about O'Neill in the past month?

Since that brief message thanking everyone (except the Board) the day he left, I haven't heard a single quote from him. Not a word on why he left, not a word on what he plans to do now, nothing...

Has he gone into hiding? Holed up in a monastery? Or have I missed something?

Has anyone heard anything whatsoever from/about O'Neill in the past month?

Since that brief message thanking everyone (except the Board) the day he left, I haven't heard a single quote from him. Not a word on why he left, not a word on what he plans to do now, nothing...

Has he gone into hiding? Holed up in a monastery? Or have I missed something?

No good can come from him coming out in the media, he's doing the right thing for himself and this club by letting time heal wounds.

Â