Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just thinking today..... "I wonder what MON is thinking at this point in time or as he forgotten us already?"

Has anyone heard anything whatsoever from/about O'Neill in the past month?

Since that brief message thanking everyone (except the Board) the day he left, I haven't heard a single quote from him. Not a word on why he left, not a word on what he plans to do now, nothing...

Has he gone into hiding? Holed up in a monastery? Or have I missed something?

No good can come from him coming out in the media, he's doing the right thing for himself and this club by letting time heal wounds.

especially if, as one suspects, he has very little to say by way of his defence ....

Article in mail, got to tie up lose ends in france.

Really!! :shock: :shock: :?

Our new manager won't even be at the fecking game! Great start Ged. Surely that's not right? :shock:

He also said he sees us, historically, as a club that finishes between 7th and 12th

Yes, we've had this debate.

It's clear he doesn't know his recent history then, or our time under Randy. A relatively ignorant comment, IMO, from Ged.

Farce

won't even be there, apparently. Not even in the country.

GERARD Houllier will not be able to kick off his Villa reign until the middle of next week – leaving caretaker Kevin MacDonald to pick the team at Stoke on Monday.

Houllier will be paraded as the claret and blues’ new boss at a press conference at Villa Park today but will not take complete control until after Villa’s next game.

The former Liverpool manager still has loose ends to tie up following his resignation from his role as technical director with the French Football Federation on Wednesday.

His absence from Monday night’s Premier League game against the Potters at the Britannia Stadium will leave MacDonald in charge of team selection for a sixth game.

The caretaker boss will meet Villa’s new manager at Bodymoor Heath this morning as part of a whirlwind day for the 63-year-old successor to Martin O’Neill.

As well as plans for the Stoke game the duo will discuss MacDonald’s future role in Houllier’s new-look coaching set-up during his first official visit to the training ground.

But Houllier will be back sorting out personal issues in his native France when Villa aim to build on two league wins and a defeat against Tony Pulis’ team on Monday evening.

He will be there. He is flying in today for a press conference.

Not if you believe the Mail, mate!!

:shock: :shock:

We'll see, I'll be gobsmacked and a little disappointed if he isn't. At the very minimim he should watch from the stands. Still think he will be there in some capacity.

We'll see, I'll be gobsmacked and a little disappointed if he isn't. At the very minimim he should watch from the stands. Still think he will be there in some capacity.

I'd fooking hope so too.

To not even be at the game at all would be, frankly, bizzare, and rather worrying ....

Exactly - it also puts Kev Mac in a very poor position - "Sorry you're not good enough to manage us but do you think you could do it for us just this once more? Please?"

It's like breaking up with your girlfriend then asking her for one for the road.

It will be a little bit disapointing to be unveiled as the new manager and not attend the Stoke game, a vital game (a somewhat bogey team too) considering we want to start some kind of winning run.

As mentioned, I'm not sure kmac is gonna be in the best of moods to carry it on. You'd like to think he was bigger than that, but you couldn't blame him I guess.

Article in mail, got to tie up lose ends in france.

Really!! :shock: :shock: :?

Our new manager won't even be at the fecking game! Great start Ged. Surely that's not right? :shock:

He also said he sees us, historically, as a club that finishes between 7th and 12th

Yes, we've had this debate.

It's clear he doesn't know his recent history then, or our time under Randy. A relatively ignorant comment, IMO, from Ged.

Wow that feels the team and fans with confidence.. he thinks were shit.

Does he know we finished in the top 6 a few times? Challenging for fourth for most the season?

Wow that feels the team and fans with confidence.. he thinks were shit.

Does he know we finished in the top 6 a few times? Challenging for fourth for most the season?

I think what he is saying is not that we are shit, but that we are just outside being a regular top 6 team. Don't forget that he is probably thinking about Villa when he was at Liverpool and the DOL years etc. Prior to Lerner taking over, we were in a downward spiral and I honestly think we would have been relegated if Lerner and MON hadn't stepped in. So if you consider Mr H's comments are based on the last 15-20 years, his assessment isn't that far off. During that period, we have made it into Europe, but not regularly.

Â