Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toulalan's deal finishes next summer IIRC.

He signed a 4 year deal in 2006, so I'd say there was a contract extension beyond 2011.

Also he is 6 foot :P

EDIT: He signed a contract extension in 2008 until 2013. We'll have to fork over a club record fee to get him me thinks.

He wont pick the team monday surely?

Why not????

He'll be in to meet the players tomorrow and oversee training Saturday and Sunday - I reckon he'll take guidance from KMac but essentially he'll get right down to the job in hand.

I would imagine he'll know most of them, I'll be more interested in HOW he plays them and how that side compares with the team to play Bolton?

I reckon he'll know most of the players. I remember reading in Carragher's autobiography (hoping this admittance doesn't ruin any credibility in the post :P) that in the summer he was named Liverpool manager, but still during leave, he spoke to Carragher and Gerrard at the England camp and spoke to them about the youth at the club, including a young Steven Warnock!

Voted Happy.

I'll never feel how I felt when MON joined us at the same time as Randy, but I think the Board have done all they can, and got a guy who, to be honest, it is hard to argue against, and from a limited field. (And they saw sense to not appoint Mcdonald).

Good Luck Jezza.

I doubt he will ever arouse the passionate 'fors' and 'againsts' that Martin did, so it'll be fun to all be on the same side ! (For a bit...)

Can't say i'm to pleased with Houllier tbh, If people thought MON was poor in the transfer market they're in for a shock. He'll probably try and drag milan baros back here!

I will definately give him a chance, buti just don't see how he will enable us to make a step forward(or stand still).

Can't say i'm to pleased with Houllier tbh, If people thought MON was poor in the transfer market they're in for a shock. He'll probably try and drag milan baros back here!

I will definately give him a chance, buti just don't see how he will enable us to make a step forward(or stand still).

Yeah I'd hate for him to sign players like Hyypia, Hamann, Henchoz, Riise, Babbel, McAllister, Barmby, Finnan, Dudek. That would be awful.

MON was not bad in the market.

Happy with the appointment on the basis of his track record with Liverpool and his general reputation. I am concerned about his health - he can't go doing those 'MON-like raving lunatic gestures' up and down the touchline given his health history, but I wish him all the best in the job and he has my support.

I'm glad Pinnochio Thompson turned us down... That Anti-Villa scouser would never have got a clap from me.

Vivre Gerard et Aston Villa... L'etente cordial.

Bon chance Gerard, votres yeux de poisson...

(sorry, I used to call you 'fish eyes' when you were on Merseyside - nothing against you...)

Yeah I'd hate for him to sign players like Hyypia, Hamann, Henchoz, Riise, Babbel, McAllister, Barmby, Finnan, Dudek. That would be awful.

MON was not bad in the market.

Houllier has signed some absolute dross as well, and high risk dross at that.

Let's not get carried away in the excitement of something actually happening. Houllier has been hit and miss in the transfer market, like many managers.

On balance I'd say that Houllier's failings in the market have been much more catastrophic that MON's. Also, on balance I'd say MON is the better manager, but I'm willing to reserve judgement somewhat on that issue in the meantime.

I'm willing to let Houllier win me over, but I'm still very much 'undecided'.

Who was the last Villa manager who never made a crud signing?

MON - several pellets of pooh amongst several diamonds.

DOL - Djemba Djemba anyone?

GT2 - Mark 'The Crab' Kinsella, Oyvind Leonhardsen ('Is he still around?')

JG - ?? Bosko Balaban (la, la, la, la, la) And Alpay as it turned out...

Brian 'Walks On Water' Little - Fernando (why did we never sing that?) Nelson, Savo (big risk...), Franz 'The Vehicle' Carr (had one great FA Cup game vs Forest) and Carl Tiler??????

Big Ron - ? Has to be Fashanu... Nii Lamptey?

Dr Woe - Ivo Stas...

GT1 - Tony Cascarino.

I could say more, but you get the general idea. My point is, everyone can buy a rum one (or two).

Who was the last Villa manager who never made a crud signing?

MON - several pellets of pooh amongst several diamonds.

DOL - Djemba Djemba anyone?

GT2 - Mark 'The Crab' Kinsella, Oyvind Leonhardsen ('Is he still around?')

JG - ?? Bosko Balaban (la, la, la, la, la) And Alpay as it turned out...

Brian 'Walks On Water' Little - Fernando (why did we never sing that?) Nelson, Savo (big risk...), Franz 'The Vehicle' Carr (had one great FA Cup game vs Forest) and Carl Tiler??????

Big Ron - ? Has to be Fashanu... Nii Lamptey?

Dr Woe - Ivo Stas...

GT1 - Tony Cascarino.

I could say more, but you get the general idea. My point is, everyone can buy a rum one (or two).

How can you say Savo and Fernando Nelson de Jesus Viera Alves were crud???

Â