Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't miss the woods for the trees.

Gerard Houllier is special let there be no doubt about that.

Look at what he accomplished at LFC and then decide.

At LFC Houllier inherited a team which needed a whole new defence, two midfielders a striker and a kick up the arse in terms of discipline.

A number of players were not giving of their best.

Houllier brought Gerrard through. Gerrard was stuck in the U19's while Murphy wasn't going anywhere under Roy Evans and wouldn't have been the player he became without Houllier.

Houllier rebuilt the playing staff of LFC and made two good defensive signings in Hyypia and Henchoz who became the corner stone of their defence. He got the best out of both Danny Murphy and Jamie Carragher.

Houllier made LFC competitive in his first full season, and they became a decent European side competing well with Man U and Arsenal.

Owen's's game developed in Houlliers time in charge and added to his ability to scoring and creating goals.

Several players left and were replaced with overall equal or better players.

Fowler - Replaced by Baros

Friedel - Replaced by Chris Kirkland Jerzy Dudek

Redknapp - Steven Gerrard directly replaced Redknapp.

Ince - replaced by Dietmar Hamann

Matteo - replaced by John Arne Riise

Berger - Le Tallec replaced Berger who decided to leave

McManaman - was the only one that I would say wasn't replaced properly when he left. Kewell wasn't the answer.

The Houllier effect was such that In Houllier's second full season in charge, Liverpool won a treble of the FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup .

In taking over at AVFC, Mr H inherits a lot of talent. He doesn't have to rebuild our defence and he has a host of capable midfielders and strikers who may find that, given new direction, tactics and motivation , that there is a strength and cohesion that may have been missing last season.

One thing that we can glean from Houlliers time at LFC is that if a player doesn't fit in with the program he will be moved and replaced by one's that do. Whether this comes in the form of a sell to buy program remains to be seen, but I have confidence that M. Houllier is the right man for the job and is the man to take us to the next level.

The more I think about this the happier I become.

If this post does not give people hope I don't know what will

If he is not there for the Stoke game it is a very bad idea I think, it looks to the players, fans and everyone else that he is not too pushed. I'm not saying he is going into this half hearted but I think it gives off that feeling very early on.

He's done it from his hospital bed before so I don't see it being a problem, I read somewhere that he picked the team and made changes whilst he was in hospital.

Ah come on that was when he was recovering from a heart attack. Not the first game in charge of a new club. If I was a player and Houllier was giving instructions from France I'd be very pissed off that he hadn't the decency to turn up to his first game in charge.

Sky Sports are now reporting that he won't be there for the Stoke game.

I emailed the Birmingham Mail article to SkySports about 1hr and 30 mins before they reported it...I asked them to find out if it was true....I don't know if they're just reporting what it says in the Birmingham Mail or they've found out it's true.

Gerard Houllier is yet to finalise his contract with Aston Villa and will not take charge until next week.

It is understood that the Frenchman, who agreed to take the reins on Wednesday, still has to tie up a few loose ends before his arrival can be made official.

That means he will not be in the dugout for Monday's meeting with Stoke City, as was first anticipated, but will still hold his first press conference at 2pm on Friday afternoon.

The former Liverpool boss has shaken hands on a three-year deal with Villa owner Randy Lerner and is arrival is imminent.

However, Villa supporters will have to wait until a home date with Bolton on 18th September before seeing their new coach on the touchline.

Plans

Houllier has returned to English shores six years after leaving Anfield, during which time he has taken in a two-year spell at Lyon and spent three years as the French Football Federation's national coaching director.

His absence from proceedings at the Britannia Stadium on Monday means caretaker boss Kevin MacDonald will take charge of his sixth successive game.

Houllier is set to meet with MacDonald on Friday to discuss his plans for taking the club forward.

He is looking forward to taking the hot-seat, as he spurned several other offers in order to return to the Premier League.

Interesting

Houllier said: "It was really starting to tickle me. I wanted to go back pitchside.

"I had, of course, other proposals but this one seemed to be the most interesting in terms of working conditions and environment.

"Aston Villa is not a club on the same level as Liverpool, let's be objective and honest.

"It's a club that according to me has belonged between seventh and 12th place in the Premier League.

"But, above all, it's a historic club which has won the European Cup. It's a club which has got good infrastructure and a fine team which is after one thing - to improve year on year."

Link

From SkySports:

Houllier said: "It was really starting to tickle me. I wanted to go back pitchside.

"I had, of course, other proposals but this one seemed to be the most interesting in terms of working conditions and environment.

"Aston Villa is not a club on the same level as Liverpool, let's be objective and honest.

"It's a club that according to me has belonged between seventh and 12th place in the Premier League.

"But, above all, it's a historic club which has won the European Cup. It's a club which has got good infrastructure and a fine team which is after one thing - to improve year on year."

7th and **** 12th???????????

What the **** is going on now!? Thought we had all this behind us now with the announcement. Why would Houllier say we belong between 7th and 12th when we have finished 6th for 3 years running. "We're not Liverpool", but we finished above them last season and nothing tells me Liverpool are gonna be so great this year either.

Anyone told him that we finished above Plop last season in 6th position ..same as last 3 years in a row??!!

Is he saying that we've over acheived ...we finished 6 points off a CL place last season...that's all!!

Â