Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

I've been extremely positive about this whole appointment but as of now I will state I'm dead against the GH being our manager if:

1. He really doesn't know how we've performed over the last 3 seasons and the whole of the PL in general. 7th-12th is a bit of a piss-take for the all-time PL 5th best club and 6th over the past 3 seasons.

2. He can't make it to Stoke on Monday night and leave 'tying up loose ends' to another time which isn't Monday night.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be there. He is flying in today for a press conference.

Not if you believe the Mail, mate!!

:shock: :shock:

Well the Sun says that he took his first training session Yesterday... so I don't think we should believe anything the papers make up.

Wow that feels the team and fans with confidence.. he thinks were shit.

Does he know we finished in the top 6 a few times? Challenging for fourth for most the season?

I think what he is saying is not that we are shit, but that we are just outside being a regular top 6 team. Don't forget that he is probably thinking about Villa when he was at Liverpool and the DOL years etc. Prior to Lerner taking over, we were in a downward spiral and I honestly think we would have been relegated if Lerner and MON hadn't stepped in. So if you consider Mr H's comments are based on the last 15-20 years, his assessment isn't that far off. During that period, we have made it into Europe, but not regularly.

This.

We need to get rid of the notion that we are part of the footballing elite in England because we are not. Historically yes, but not in the modern era (which for me started around 1999/2000)

doesnt the mail also say that KM is fearing for his job after GH started a french revolution? anyone seen any signs as to why we should believe it?

its great to see that the rags expanded yesterdays half a column just so they could get a negative slant on the story

I agree Rob, we dont know what will happen yet, but iof kev Mac takes charge then I will be extremely dissapointed. GH is either our manager or he isnt. It will sum this club up im afraid. No F**kin Urgency at all.

But like I say, we dont know ought yet :D

Does he know we finished in the top 6 a few times? Challenging for fourth for most the season?

I think what he is saying is not that we are shit, but that we are just outside being a regular top 6 team.

We have finished top 6 the past 3 seasons. I'd say that's fairly regular. His comments were ignorant, for me.

Or rather, deliberately playing us down, so that he will look better when we exceed a low starting point, imagined by himself. It's nonsense.

He will be there. He is flying in today for a press conference.

Not if you believe the Mail, mate!!

:shock: :shock:

Well the Sun says that he took his first training session Yesterday... so I don't think we should believe anything the papers make up.

What's the relevance of that? :?

WE know he's here already. The Mail is telling us he's going back, and will miss the game. What's the relevance of the sun article?

I think what he is saying is not that we are shit, but that we are just outside being a regular top 6 team.

We have finished top 6 the past 3 seasons. I'd say that's fairly regular. His comments were ignorant, for me.

Or rather, deliberately playing us down, so that he will look better when we exceed a low starting point, imagined by himself. It's nonsense.

Couldn't he have been talking about when he was at Liverpool?

Yeah it annoyed me too

I sent a mail in to the f365 mailbox with our poll results asking would people please get it into their heads we are happy with this appointment. The poll isn't even close. I asked would they pass the message on to their colleagues on sky sports (both are owned by murdock).

This needs to stop. People need to know we're happy.

He also said he sees us, historically, as a club that finishes between 7th and 12th

Personally I think this reads very differently to the old translation of this quote.

As *historically*, and to me historically doesnt include recent seasons, it has been correct. More recently this isn't the case of course.

You can't make everyone happy...if most are then that's good enough.

Im happy, but If hes not there on Monday (which i dont know if he will yet btw) then I will take a step in the other direction.

Maybe that's the only way he could have signed for AV, if he goes back on Monday and helps them replace him or finish up some stuff he has left.

It might have been part of the deal, that he does that...we don't know and it's media talk atm anyway.

If K-Mac were to lead the team against Stoke I wouldn't be the slightest worried, actually.

The players like MacDonald and would work their asses off to provide a victory in his last game in charge. The match could actually go a bit like against West Ham.

Here's to hoping, anyways!

PS: I refuse to believe GH doesn't know very well how we've done under Randy and O'Neill.

Â