Stephen Ireland

Richard

Scary when you think that is what did for Leeds!

Maybe it was a blessing in more ways than we think that our old manager left?

Yes they know they gave him too much rope and it won't happen again ! Also whilst not privvy obviously to the exact details the contracts we are offering the likes of Hogg / Bannan / Clarke and Herd / Lichah are far more keeping with their progress and the current climate . To think NRC is looking for 50k a week which is at least 12 times what Hogg is probably on makes you think a bit clearer how things have spiralled out of control from average players demanding ridiculous weekly wages everywhere not just Villa ! The whole thing will come tumbling down for a lot of these so so players though .

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes they know they gave him too much rope and it won't happen again ! Also whilst not privvy obviously to the exact details the contracts we are offering the likes of Hogg / Bannan / Clarke and Herd / Lichah are far more keeping with their progress and the current climate . To think NRC is looking for 50k a week which is at least 12 times what Hogg is probably on makes you think a bit clearer how things have spiralled out of control from average players demanding ridiculous weekly wages everywhere not just Villa ! The whole thing will come tumbling down for a lot of these so so players though .

Do you ever think it will get to a point where it will implode MM? - Its just ridiculously unsustainable

Football in general I mean!

Do you ever think it will get to a point where it will implode MM? - Its just ridiculously unsustainable

We aint far away now and it's not just us a lot of clubs are weighing things up . We are getting our act together look at what we have done shipped Carew n Sidwell out bought Bent n Makoun in and have change .

This has been my thinking too, I was devo'd when he left and for a period after but for the past 3 or so months I've really come round to thinking that it was the best thing that could have happened to us.

I think (as MM has already confirmed) that come the start of the 2011/2012 season we will see a wholly different squad of players with a blend of youth and experience with a few new faces and an exodus of dead weight

Goodbye other Nigel!

This has been my thinking too, I was devo'd when he left and for a period after but for the past 3 or so months I've really come round to thinking that it was the best thing that could have happened to us.

I think (as MM has already confirmed) that come the start of the 2011/2012 season we will see a wholly different squad of players with a blend of youth and experience with a few new faces and an exodus of dead weight

...and hopefully sustainable too!

It pains me to say but under O'Neill - We were going to hell in a handcart!!

Does anyone actually "know" what the situation is with Ireland?

Ireland wants to leave?

Ireland wants to stay and fight but is injured atm?

Houllier interested in keeping/not wanting him?

If NRC is looking for 50k then is it a pretty sure bet he will be on his way?

Dunno where to though. That's a heap of cash in the current climate, although I suppose no contract buyouy might make it possible.

Does anyone actually "know" what the situation is with Ireland?

Ireland wants to leave?

Ireland wants to stay and fight but is injured atm?

Houllier interested in keeping/not wanting him?

I will sit back and bask in the glory of being right for the last two and half years.

Well, theres no 2 ways about it. Martin O'Neill is an excellent football manager, but he was no businessman. Randy was just at fault, but it appears randy was the only one big enough to admit a mistake. And I thank him for that.

If NRC is looking for 50k then is it a pretty sure bet he will be on his way?

Dunno where to though. That's a heap of cash in the current climate, although I suppose no contract buyouy might make it possible.

I won't lose any sleep over where NRC will get his next contract from. Not that he's a bad guy or anything, just that I can't feel sorry for anyone that has earned around two million pounds per year for the last few years, but may need to drop to around a million pounds per year for the next few years. NRC will still be 'comfortable' for the next 50 years when he retires at 35! Again, no malice though; I wish NRC luck for his future.

Well, theres no 2 ways about it. Martin O'Neill is an excellent football manager, but he was no businessman. Randy was just at fault, but it appears Randy was the only one big enough to admit a mistake. And I thank him for that.

Tis a fair way to look at it.

What would be interesting to know is who was responsible for these contracts?

Randy or MON?

Did MON just say get them signed whatever.

Or did he personally decide their wage?

What would be interesting to know is who was responsible for these contracts?

AVFC.

The line that seems to have come from the club via official and unofficial sources appears to be O'Neill, solely.

He may well have controlled the discussions, been in charge of the details and come up with the amounts but Randy and others at the club will have known about them, surely?