Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also read that Newcastle may make a £9m offer for Ireland. The very next story of course was how we would use that money and buy Jermaine Jenas for £10m :)

I'm suprised it's took them this long to post that recurrent link up. 2+2=5 is my impression.

Still I'd swap Ireland for Jenas tomorrow even if I do prefer Huddlestone.

If ireland does go for £9mish (which i doubt) then we can perhaps use £3m of it on a LB or something.. would mean we won't spend a thing (as its from irelands transfer fee) and with Ireland off the wages we can probably save alot of wages in the process, whilst giving wages to another LB.. just a thought.

Still I'd swap Ireland for Jenas tomorrow even if I do prefer Huddlestone.

I would rather keep Ireland and try and get him back to form than take Jenas. I wouldn't want Hudd either now we have Makoun and may get Adam. Even without Adam, we have enough sitting midfielders. What we need is an ACM - Gardner maybe, Ireland if he gets his shit together or possibly Jimmy back in the summer?

I think we should give him one more chance to prove his worth (when back from injury, if that is the case). Then if he's mind/ability still isn't up to scratch, ship him out in the summer. We have plenty of holding midfielders so he 'could' be our AMC if allowed to roam a bit more.

Sure I just read a news story about Newcastle being interested in 9m Ireland ...

If we got 6m for the shytester i'd skip around the room in my pants

Can we sell him now? He started the season with Citeh so surely he can't go to a third club. Or does that only apply when he has actually featured in one of their games?

Don't think it matters about signing for another club as he hasn't played for them and joined us before the registration process.

I really wanted him to turn good for us as he could be amazing. But right now I'd take the money and splurge it on Charlie Adam.

I know most people want Ireland gone , personally I'd love him to stay and given another chance , one thing I want 2 say, how long as Charlie Adam played in the top league ,so far only this season ? Ireland as played better 4 a longer period ,be it a season back , I know so far hes been poor , but don't u people think he deserves a chance if he stays ? on form Ireland is proven a better player than Adam by far