Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does hurt pride count as an injury in the Premier League ?

Another poster referred to Dunne leaving Citeh and fitting in and that is close to the crux of the matter, both players were forced out of the citeh but Dunne was able to make friends and become popular at Villa Park. Dunne and Collins fit the system like a glove and had us saying things like Dunne being the answer to the loss of Laursen.

On the other hand SI came because Citeh wanted Milner and that caused MON to leave abruptly. He was forced out of a club he loved to come to B6 where everything was turned upside down and unlike Dunne he didn't seem to make friends as easily and certainly the fans didn't take an immediate liking to him because his form was indifferent.

Had he managed to find form and had other players been playing better things may have looked very different.

With that said however, Ireland still has the ability to play Premier League football but he has to get past the "injuries" and find the desire for success and that is going to be the key.

If Villa's results keep improving and the recent signings gel and get on board with GH's style of play, Ireland could very easily fit into this program and be a part of the success, but it has to come from inside him. He has to make the changes to turn his career around.

If NUFC were to offer us 9 - 10M for Stephen Ireland, we should take it. If not, then someone very skillful is going to have to help SI "find himself" as a football player.

When all these issues get resolved and if they get resolved in a professional manner we will also have to look at GH in a new light. He came to B6 and all was not a bed of roses, far from it, and this Ireland situation is just one of the stories to unravel. In the meantime we are still paying a reputed 62k a week for a player who is currently sitting on the bench or in a pink car and not producing anything like the form that we had all hoped for.

If you bother to read these threads Stephen, please sort it all out and start playing the football of your life for Aston Villa. We know you can do it if you decide to. We "the fickle fans" will love you if you do and you'll never have to read posts like this again!

I know most people want Ireland gone

Actually, I'm not sure they do. I think most people would prefer Ireland to get himself fit, sort his **** head out and come back into contention. Houllier included.

Here's the thing. He's on an extraordinary amount of money to do absolutely nothing right now. Unless he's digging his heels in, which would surprise me concidering he was willing to leave his boy hood club for similar treatment, the club would happily loan him out to get him off the books and out of the dressing room. I've no doubt there are plenty of potential suitors too.

For whatever reason, they haven't. Something is going on behind the scenes. Depression springs to mind, the signs are there. Whatever it is it will be sorted one way or another by the summer when I still expect him to be an Aston Villa player.

Still hope he's an Aston Villa player. Because he's bloody good that kid....

Doug

Seems to me most people want him gone what I've read ,do any of us know what's going on behind the scenes? ,I hear because he won't move closer to villa ,that doesn't help him at all , but just because he drives funny coloured cars and did that famous lie about his nan , does that make him mad in the head ?

Just stupid in my book , and by the way most top division players are on stupid money not just him , only time will tell what happens but I think he deserves another go

Doug

Seems to me most people want him gone what I've read ,do any of us know what's going on behind the scenes? ,I hear because he won't move closer to villa ,that doesn't help him at all , but just because he drives funny coloured cars and did that famous lie about his nan , does that make him mad in the head ?

Just stupid in my book , and by the way most top division players are on stupid money not just him , only time will tell what happens but I think he deserves another go

No, that doesn't make him "mad in the head". There is some evidence to suggest that his kind of personality can be more susceptible to depression, but I was thinking more about the situation. Being forced out of your job, moving to a new job for a company in turmoil, perhaps a bit of dressing room unrest and reports of him not "fitting in". All of these could be contributing factors.

Then all of a sudden, one of the finest talents in the premier league two years back vanishes in to thin air. I don't buy this injury nonsense. For a start nobody seems to know what's wrong with him. Ankle? Groin? Funny bone?

I'll go against the grain here, he seems like a nice lad to me. Different, but nice enough. Not malicious. So something is going on. You know what else, when I looked at him in his rare appearences, he looked miles away. The talent was still there, but he was dead behind the eyes. Dramatic, but thought I would share.

Only specualting mind.

For a start nobody seems to know what's wrong with him. Ankle? Groin? Funny bone?

Badly bruised knee I believe...

I'll go against the grain here, he seems like a nice lad to me. Different, but nice enough. Not malicious. So something is going on. You know what else, when I looked at him in his rare appearences, he looked miles away. The talent was still there, but he was dead behind the eyes. Dramatic, but thought I would share.

Only specualting mind.

You're spot on, in my opinion.

I was speaking to a friend about it and he drew a comparison to moving school in the middle of the school year. You're the new boy, everybody's looking at you and you get very insecure about it. You want to fit in, but you don't know whether you're a geek or a jock.

The "dead behind the eyes" comment is pretty true as well, I think. Like a stranger in a strange land, who doesn't speak the language or know the local customs but still goes out and tries to lead a normal life. It's a difficult analogy to explain properly, especially on a Friday night :)

EDIT: Just to add, he is very definitely NOT AWOL.

A lot of speculation about Stephen Ireland's ongoing transfer saga with #NUFC. What we've heard is that Villa want a 75-25 wage deal. #NUFC

Meaning, #NUFC would have the pay the guts of £50,000 a week. #NUFC want a 50-50 deal, which is more preferable.

# From what we've been told, #AVFC will just about bend to that deal of 50-50, as #NUFC playing their own tactics. #NUFC won't be rushed.

http://tinyurl.com/67vscbh

Don't know if ITK or not..

I think a move to Newcastle would be best for him. For whatever reason, he's not settled or proved himself at Villa and at 60k+ a week, he's probably a risk we can do without. A shame, because he has real attacking quality, but you just get the impression that unless he can get his head right, he will always be a shadow of his former self.

If we are going to try and keep Young, we need him to be our highest earner and that must surely mean ditching high risk, high earners like Ireland. I'd rather we cut our losses and developed Bannan for that role.

FWIW, if he is allowed to stay I believe the signing of Darren Bent will be the best thing that has happened for Stephen Ireland at AVFC.

A proper striker with proper movement playing in front of him and a club record signing to take the focus off the player who was brought in to replace James Milner.

IF he is allowed to stay.

We've got some fantastic players in the team now, and I class Ireland as one of them, if he could find his form, then him linking with Bent and Young could be phenomenal, the thought is exciting that we have these players at our disposal, it's just trying to get it to happen for Ireland! So frustrating. Imagine coming up against those 3 plus the likes of Gabby, Albrighton and Downing to an extent, with Makoun et al behind... Mouthwatering. Please GH let it happen!!

Does hurt pride count as an injury in the Premier League ?

Another poster referred to Dunne leaving Citeh and fitting in and that is close to the crux of the matter, both players were forced out of the citeh but Dunne was able to make friends and become popular at Villa Park. Dunne and Collins fit the system like a glove and had us saying things like Dunne being the answer to the loss of Laursen.

On the other hand SI came because Citeh wanted Milner and that caused MON to leave abruptly. He was forced out of a club he loved to come to B6 where everything was turned upside down and unlike Dunne he didn't seem to make friends as easily and certainly the fans didn't take an immediate liking to him because his form was indifferent.

Had he managed to find form and had other players been playing better things may have looked very different.

With that said however, Ireland still has the ability to play Premier League football but he has to get past the "injuries" and find the desire for success and that is going to be the key.

If Villa's results keep improving and the recent signings gel and get on board with GH's style of play, Ireland could very easily fit into this program and be a part of the success, but it has to come from inside him. He has to make the changes to turn his career around.

If NUFC were to offer us 9 - 10M for Stephen Ireland, we should take it. If not, then someone very skillful is going to have to help SI "find himself" as a football player.

When all these issues get resolved and if they get resolved in a professional manner we will also have to look at GH in a new light. He came to B6 and all was not a bed of roses, far from it, and this Ireland situation is just one of the stories to unravel. In the meantime we are still paying a reputed 62k a week for a player who is currently sitting on the bench or in a pink car and not producing anything like the form that we had all hoped for.

If you bother to read these threads Stephen, please sort it all out and start playing the football of your life for Aston Villa. We know you can do it if you decide to. We "the fickle fans" will love you if you do and you'll never have to read posts like this again!

:clap: So very true