Stephen Ireland

Richard

He deserves a chance linking up with Bent.

On what possible basis does he deserve that chance ?

Why should the manager give a player whose put in ZERO effort thus far a chance ahead of any of the other squad players who HAVE put in effort ?

Pires?! :shock:

I'm resigned to this not working out tbh, under Houllier at least.

That said I'd only let him out on loan to another prem club where hopefully he'll get his hunger for the game back and if he wants to make a proper go of it, then good as we may need him when Young goes in the summer.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pity, was really happy when he signed.

Mine was a cautious hope that he wouldn't be the car crash that he so easily might be. Turns out he was.

to be fair though, Ireland isn't from another country.

Yes he is!

here comes trouble

To be fair, although it is quite a ridiculous comment.... he's obviously from a different country, i get the sentiment, moving from Cork to Manchester and Manchester to Birmingham is similar to stayin in the same country, similar lifestyle, same language, weather. Its not as if he's come from central africa.

And yes I'm from Ireland

The context of DVIN's comment was to me quite obviously that Villa didn't bring Ireland in from another country. We got him from Manchester so he was already settled in the PL.

Not exactly a big culture shock difference between Ireland and the UK, surely?

No. I was pointing out to the pedants that that's not what the OP meant in the first place, quite apart from the similarities.