Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless there has been a massive change since Saturday I will reiterate what i was told ' we will not make it easy for players who have no desire to pull their weight at Villa if they want to move they can . But we are not letting people go out on loan and then still subsidise their wages . If the club wanting them won't pay the wages then the player has a desicion to make if he wants to play first team football . We are not forcing anybody out they have to though abide by our rules not their's ! ' :!:

MM, in regards to this for e.g. Beye, why don't Villa try and negotiate a pay-off as it's obvious the player won't move.

Same thing really funny isn't it Beye when he signed was ' I love my football can't wait to get started money is secondary ' I know that has not been reported but that is the gyst of what he said at the time . Does my fruit in but 40k to 20k is a big drop we cocked up in the first place by offering ridiculous contract to him .

Look at Luke Young when he was frozen out by MON had basically decided he had no future at Villa and was complaining about training with the siffs had a chance to move to Liverpool permanently said the offer was too low . FFS Liverpool are hardly Blackburn are they still in the top 6 in the country and a realistic chance of winning something I would say but no he turned it down .

That's the thing with high wages, not only does it affect general cost but also affects the fee clubs wants to pay for a player and actually getting the player out the club because they don't want a drop in wage....while other club's don't want to pay the ridiculous wages they were on and surely if they were willing to, that'd mean they'd lower the transfer fee because the overall costs?

I have to say some of the wages that have been mentioned recently is scary!!! How the hell did some of these players end up on this money!! I mean players who have hardly played are on more money than ex players like Angel were on!

Its like having Gary Charles on 40 grand a week, just not right. MON really did have a little too much say in matters and looks like RL got his fingers burnt.

You can have good or bad things to say about MON but you can bet your bottom dollar that any club interested in MON will find out before hand and nobody in their right mind will let him have the same control that he had at Villa.

How do I think we can get rid of these greedy bastards? easy! I would have the cook at Bodymore heath spike their food with banned substances and get them sacked and those who have some value on the market I would see to a career ending injury and claim on the insurance :lol:

I have to say some of the wages that have been mentioned recently is scary!!! How the hell did some of these players end up on this money!! I mean players who have hardly played are on more money than ex players like Angel were on!

Its like having Gary Charles on 40 grand a week, just not right. MON really did have a little too much say in matters and looks like RL got his fingers burnt.

You can have good or bad things to say about MON but you can bet your bottom dollar that any club interested in MON will find out before hand and nobody in their right mind will let him have the same control that he had at Villa.

How do I think we can get rid of these greedy bastards? easy! I would have the cook at Bodymore heath spike their food with banned substances and get them sacked and those who have some value on the market I would see to a career ending injury and claim on the insurance :lol:

Considering Randys investment puts us in the top 7 clubs atm(higher in recent years I believe) I think there's very few clubs that could afford MONs freespending ways(wages especially).

As far as Managers go, MON is more of a one-night stand proposition than long-term relationship material.

Wham-bam-thank you ma'am and sneak out in the middle of night. Felt great at the time but much to regret in the morning.