Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's performed badly. It's just wrong to say otherwise. I've already said hopefully later on in season or once he's fit, he'll get a chance to prove himself. Nor have I said he should be sold or any of the like, he's just been poor. Whether he's been at the club 10 years or or 6 months. Just because he's been poor doesn't mean I'm saying he doesn't need time and more chances because clearly he has a lot of talent. Just comment on so far and the fact people say he hasn't been given chances etc...he's also spent his whole career in the Premiership so adapting shouldn't be that big of a problem really.

He's been probably unlucky the way he's come to the club who are in a little bit of a mess the last 6 months but in terms of individual performances, he's had chances and hasn't performed. Hopefully he can perform in the future and I'd certainly give him some more chances when the time is right.

to be fair though, Ireland isn't from another country.. it's manchester not spain.. so it shouldn't take this long for him to settle.. just saying.

No, he's not. But if you moved to Manchester and had no idea of where you were and knew none of your team mates or anyone in the area how would you cope? It's not easy...

I don't mind players being shit. If someone has a mare, then I'll happily give them another chance to prove it was a one off or they're just in a bad patch. But Ireland puts in no effort at all and that is pretty unforgivable to be honest. He's just being moody because he doesn't really want to be here, but was forced out by CIty, and so he just doing give a shit on the field.

to be fair though, Ireland isn't from another country.. it's manchester not spain.. so it shouldn't take this long for him to settle.. just saying.

No, he's not. But if you moved to Manchester and had no idea of where you were and knew none of your team mates or anyone in the area how would you cope? It's not easy...

I agree it's not easy but he knows the premier league and how it works so it shouldn't effect his game too much imo, Pienaar settled in relatively easy at spurs.. I know people are different and some settle quicker than others but still he hasn't performed at all.

Makoun will probably settle in quicker than Ireland at this rate..Anyway he's injured and as other people have said I think Houllier chooses people who do well in training so he needs to work hard in training.

I don't mind players being shit. If someone has a mare, then I'll happily give them another chance to prove it was a one off or they're just in a bad patch. But Ireland puts in no effort at all and that is pretty unforgivable to be honest. He's just being moody because he doesn't really want to be here, but was forced out by CIty, and so he just doing give a shit on the field.

Exactly how I see it which is a shame.. hope i'm proven wrong.

He knew Dunne. It's not easy but it shouldn't stop him being able to put effort in on a pitch and at least perform at a decent level.

He knew Dunne. It's not easy but it shouldn't stop him being able to put effort in on a pitch and at least perform at a decent level.

Of course it shouldn't. He's been carrying an injury since he got here though but I'd just say he hasn't been given a fair chance and his arguments with Houllier haven't exactly helped matters either.

Of course it shouldn't. He's been carrying an injury since he got here though but I'd just say he hasn't been given a fair chance and his arguments with Houllier haven't exactly helped matters either.

Has he really been carrying an injured since August? Sounds like a cheap excuse to me that's based on very little?

He'd of been given more chances if he'd of perform in the chances he has been given. He hasn't.

He deserves a chance linking up with Bent.

On what possible basis does he deserve that chance ?

Why should the manager give a player whose put in ZERO effort thus far a chance ahead of any of the other squad players who HAVE put in effort ?

I can only presume that was a joke, right ?

:crylaugh: