Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure we can write off any player with PL experience who is on a free

Got to agree with you richard.

Especially a player like Barton, great passer, good shot on him, can tackle.

As some have pointed out that his previous history is not that great, but cant recall him in the headlines for oing anything wrong in the past 18 months- 2 years...

I would have him, even if we had to offer a 1 year contract with the option of a extension dependant on behaviour.

Could be just the sort of player we need in the middle of the park. IMO

He's been in the headlines a lot for criticising the club (his employers) which is why he's available on a free.

That said I'd be surprised if his grievances weren't justifiable (nothing surprises me about the toon) and he could certainly do a job for us but I'd prefer to see him supplying Ireland (if Ireland can come good otherwise Bannan) and doing a similar role to NRC last year.

Wrong place to say it but being as though he's been mentioned on here, IF Barton did come here, then he's an option for right midfield if Albrighton doesn't deliver, gets injured, burns out, etc. Not an out and out winger obviously but didnt do too bad on the right last season. I'd take him on a free.

The only reason Id not take Barton would be if he would negatively affect the dressing room. As he has no history of this Id take him in a shot, especially if the reports that he will be free are to be believed.

He is what we need in the centre of the park!

I wonder whether he's engineered his own move by shouting his mouth off? I read from barcodes that he's been really well behaved up there for the last two years but suddenly he acts a twit on twitter and can leave. Great way to get a transfer without asking for one. I wonder if West Ham have tapped him up? There is more to this than meets the eye I feel.

Barton could just be the catalyst to catapault us towards relegation.

rubbish, he would vastly improve our weak cm area

Sir Gary i must admit i agree with you a million percent. Quality wise he certainly would, the only "proceed with caution" sign i see is if he would rock the ship.

Yeah, but what's your point? Thats them, this is us. Different league, isnt it?

Putting it simply

My point is I agree with you, stupid money is being spent on players and we are falling down the line and the table because of this.. we cannot keep up with them financially.. I wish it was a different league, they are all in the premier league.. £30m for a club like Villa is massive for a club like City they can afford to put the whole lot in reserves.. and that's the problem today really with football.

Sure, but ultimately the likes of Ireland and Delph in particular have to show what we paid so much money for. They arent going anywhere else, no-one is going to take on their wages. Hopefully McLeish can get them to play to their potential.

If he can, then the midfield might not be as weak as it is made out to be.

If he cant, then we're a bit screwed until these guys contracts run out tbh. Thankfully Makoun seems to know what he's doing.

PS. On the Joey Barton issue, I like players with character, a bit of spunk, bit of naughtiness to them. Less of these plastic non-entities pls.

[edit] Sadly his wages are likely to be a big no-no

Sir Gary i must admit i agree with you a million percent. Quality wise he certainly would, the only "proceed with caution" sign i see is if he would rock the ship.

I would agree with Sir Gary too.

would be a great free signing IMO because apart from Makoun and potentially Garner and Bannan the rest of them are all utter cack, especially Stephen "can be bothered" Ireland

Got to agree, Barton would only improve our midfield. Ask him to bring Enrique here also. :)

yep both would be good additions however whilst we are paying a useless baldy prick nearly 70k a week to stroll around the pitch then we may find it a little difficult. And don't get me started on Beye and Warnock!!!

Anything Barton brings us on the field is offset by trouble off it.

Barton on the back of GMaC expressing his suprise at the number of problems at the club when he left is a recipe for disaster. Add Dunne, Collins and alcohol to the mix and you've got real problems.

It would be managerial suicide if McLeish got Barton.