Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabby Agbonlahor and Barton have a terrible history. What would that do to the dressing room? No thank you. He is a good player but a terrible person who'd just bring problems. And why is this being discussed in Ireland's thread?

Barton could just be the catalyst to catapault us towards relegation.

rubbish, he would vastly improve our weak cm area

Sir Gary i must admit i agree with you a million percent. Quality wise he certainly would, the only "proceed with caution" sign i see is if he would rock the ship.

Rock the ship, our boys can do that themselves.

AML has handled plenty of hot head personalities before. Bowyer, Ferguson, assholes like that.

Barton for me is a no brainer.

He can pass, he can tackle, he can get in the oppositions face, he has passion for the game, he can hit a dead ball, he has a great engine and he can play darts with cigars.

If we can afford him, get him

Ponky wrote:

Barton = exactly what we need & exactly what we don't need in equal measures.

Totally. Parker a much better option.

However Parker costs money etc??

Yeah... but he's a better player. And I doubt he'll be using people's eyes to stub out his cigars, or beating up 15 year olds. Or team mates.

Stephen Ireland might be an idiot, but at least he's not a dangerous one.

Yeah... but he's a better player. And I doubt he'll be using people's eyes to stub out his cigars, or beating up 15 year olds. Or team mates.

Parker is older though! And it's been a few years since Barton did those thing TBH?? He seems to have matured a little and he cares about his football!!

Stephen Ireland might be an idiot, but at least he's not a dangerous one.

SI is a lazy raving lunatic on 70k a week and we are kidding ourselves if we think this oxygen bandit is going to ever produce the goods for us.

As usual AM is just doing whatever RL tells him to do and making out that this one season wonder is a 'world class' player!! Pathetic!!

many seem so quick to turn on SI again after one match (following a slight hamstring tear) in tough conditions, where no one bar the keeper played well.

He's getting match fit and more importantly game time which will increase his performance on the pitch. He looked decent against Walsall but missed the Blackburn game. Hopefully he'll play tonight and put a shift in!

Get behind him and let's see what he does over the season FFS - we don't have many other alternatives!!!

ireland and beye for barton?

You know Barton is free right?

But Ireland and Beye aren't are they at over £110k pw.

It would be great to get rid of Beye's wages in a swap deal like this but I thought the Barcodes had already turned him down on a free?

I am desperate to see Ireland deliver in C&B.

yes, but he is still contracted to the club, isn't he? as opposed to having been released?

if so, i would have thought offering them two of our players that would fill holes left by two departees would help both sides... and if that helped push the deal through, then so much the better...

I really want Ireland to be a star this season...mainly just to piss all the negative doubters off!!!

This! I think he'll be great for us this season and will silence a lot of critics!

This is just wishful thinking, with all due respect.

All the evidence so far suggests he will offer us very little.

I really want Ireland to be a star this season...mainly just to piss all the negative doubters off!!!

This! I think he'll be great for us this season and will silence a lot of critics!

This is just wishful thinking, with all due respect.

All the evidence so far suggests he will offer us very little.

And what evidence would that be?

I still think a goal for the lad would make the world of difference to the player we see. He also needs to develop a closer understanding with someone like DB. because we know he can deliver quality passes when he's a mind to.

I would imagine AM will give him a decent shot at it.