Stephen Ireland

Richard

I think a midfield 3 of Parker, Makoun and an on-form Ireland would be excellent. I'm sure AM can see that a parker type player is imperative if we want to compete higher up the table. I also agree about Palacios. He just isn't good enough on the ball ( though in fairness to him, he did improve in that respect last season), and his tackling is way too rash.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Big Eck is done with deals.

Same here. I reckon we'll see a purchase next summer for central midfield.

Petrov, Ireland, Bannan, Delph, Makoun, Hogg & Gardner will have to make do, for now.

Petrov & Makoun I have confidence in. Ireland & Delph could be hit and miss. Bannan, Hogg & Gardner could be risks.

Ireland & Delph could be hit and miss.

Both will be fine, they both just need minutes on the pitch. I think we all forget sometimes that both have hardly kicked a ball for the last 12 months.

They could just as easily both be flops.

I don't know why you are confident they will work out, both of them really could go either way.

Ireland has only had one good season in this league a number of years ago and Delph is yet to show he can make a step up from League 1.

I'm hoping they will come good but it is not definite they will.

Ireland & Delph could be hit and miss.

Both will be fine, they both just need minutes on the pitch. I think we all forget sometimes that both have hardly kicked a ball for the last 12 months.

They could just as easily both be flops.

I don't know why you are confident they will work out, both of them really could go either way.

Ireland has only had one good season in this league a number of years ago and Delph is yet to show he can make a step up from League 1.

I'm hoping they will come good but it is not definite they will.

I suppose it's just a gut feeling really, we all know that Ireland can do it, and i think we've seen enough in Delph to show us that he has the potential to be quality.

Neither have played more than a hand full of games for us in the last year, so i think until both have had a run of games we cant really pass judgement.

I didnt like the way Ireland was throwing his arms up in the air all the time. Like a petulant child.

Mind you, when he has to do the closing down all on his own because our other midfielder cant keep up with anything i can hardly blame him.

Dont want to see this in the league next season though.

I didnt like the way Ireland was throwing his arms up in the air all the time. Like a petulant child.

Mind you, when he has to do the closing down all on his own because our other midfielder cant keep up with anything i can hardly blame him.

He was pissed off i guess because the game just passed him by, he couldnt get on the ball because we were not playing the ball to feet.

I think that was just because no one at all was closing down

Our midfield werent working as a unit to win back the ball. Like i said, no wonder Ireland got pissed off. At least he was trying to close opposition down. A large portion of this can be blamed on our other CM whos name shall not be mentioned.

Our midfield werent working as a unit to win back the ball. Like i said, no wonder Ireland got pissed off. At least he was trying to close opposition down. A large portion of this can be blamed on our other CM whos name shall not be mentioned.

Spot on, add to that the comedy duo of Dunn and dumber our traffic cones of defenders who's first imperative is to hooooffffff! Then I'm not surprised Ireland was going mad. It would be nice to see them play the ball to feet in all honesty.

[edit] And I forgot completely about Delph .... so thats a midfield that cost nearly £30m ..... blimey

About the same price Man City paid for Silva..

Yeah, but what's your point? Thats them, this is us. Different league, isnt it?

Putting it simply.

Aston Villa are unable to compete with Manchester City.

Also

Aston Villa are unable to compete with Manchester United

Aston Villa are unable to compete with Chelsea

Aston Villa are unable to compete with Arsenal

Furthermore

Aston Villa have less resources than Liverpool

Aston Villa have less resources than Tottenham

Comparing what we are able to do, against what they are, is a bit like banging your head against a brick wall. Fun for a while if you're into self harm, but ultimately a bit pointless. In a good season we might give Liverpool and Spurs a run for their money, but realistically we are competing with Everton and Sunderland.

How does our midfield stack up against theirs?

I'm with those who are spreading the blame out and not just laying it at SI's feet. Alot of things can be used to add up to what was a poor team performance. Though it does frustrate how we hear Ireland trains like a mad man, loads of effort, hunger,etc and it never seems to translate on the pitch? I'm still hopeful that's down to being rusty and let's be fair, he won't have that great an understanding with the lads just yet, in a game scenario I mean, because of lack of 1st team football. So a settled run of games, in the right system, could hopefully bring out more of him. If not, i'm sure Bannan will be used alot more.

This was a Chelsea side who didnt get out of 2nd gear

Those waiting for SI to get "match fit" are in cloud cuckoo land, the guy is a petulant, shirker

**** him off as soon as I say

Yeah, but what's your point? Thats them, this is us. Different league, isnt it?

Putting it simply

My point is I agree with you, stupid money is being spent on players and we are falling down the line and the table because of this.. we cannot keep up with them financially.. I wish it was a different league, they are all in the premier league.. £30m for a club like Villa is massive for a club like City they can afford to put the whole lot in reserves.. and that's the problem today really with football.

This was a Chelsea side who didnt get out of 2nd gear

Those waiting for SI to get "match fit" are in cloud cuckoo land, the guy is a petulant, shirker

**** him off as soon as I say

Get rid for £5m, which probably wouldn't be re-invested back into the squad anyway?

No, we need him here, and we're going to need him to perform.