Stephen Ireland

Richard

Only problem is, will he remain fit?

That unfortunately, is not the only problem with Stephen Ireland.

The fact that we are hinging our hopes of success on this man shows what a sorry state the club is in.

He only shone brightest in a team including Elano & Robinho, but what's that worth aye...

not much now to be honest...if anything at all... showed some potential for a year and a half, then threw it all away because he is like a spolt little child who believes the whole world should revolve around him, and if it doesn't he will have a hissy fit and cry, blaming everyone but himself.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In AM, Ireland has chanced across a manager who is willing and capable of man managing him appropriately.

he's worth a go, yes, based on the fact that we have no other choice

I tend to think like the latter that AM has not had any choice but to give the outcasts another chance because (a) No one else wants them and (B) we can't afford to just replace them and sit them in the reserves. This is going to be a difficult season with a poor manager, poor weakened squad and a board who seem to have lost all interest in their latest play thing!!

If we're relying on the likes of Ireland, Beye and Warnock God help us!!

I don't think we're "relying" on him. But having a supportive manager won't hurt Ireland. In fact it may well help him recapture some form and that, obviously, would be a good thing.

I don't think we're "relying" on him.

Well I don't think we are buying a replacement??

But having a supportive manager won't hurt Ireland.

I don't think AM has any other choice but to try to support him for the above reason

In fact it may well help him recapture some form and that, obviously, would be a good thing.

Of course it will but how many fresh starts does this guy need??

Only problem is, will he remain fit?

That unfortunately, is not the only problem with Stephen Ireland.

The fact that we are hinging our hopes of success on this man shows what a sorry state the club is in.

He only shone brightest in a team including Elano & Robinho, but what's that worth aye...

other 2 have hardly shone recently themselves so maybe Ireland brouht best out of them ,)

Tell you what, if Mc Douche can get ireland ticking it will earn a lot of respect with me.

Houllier would have you convinced we had bought a dead dog and Ireland playing well could be like unearthing a gem of a signing already in our back yard. We know he is capable, just a complete fruit cake and if douche can harness the fruit from the cake I'll certainly be giving credit where its due.

Ireland is just one of those players who needs a manager to stick his arm around him. I think AMC will do that and i'm hoping we may see some form from him. I dont think he did as bad as people were making out last year when he played. In a whole team of shit players he was also shit, but he gets singled out cos everyone was expecting so much more.

I agree PieFacE. Last year he was decent at times. His lack of tracking back was shown up more because the whole team played poorly. But his vision and general attacking play was still pretty good. I remember him having a few chances against... Cheslea?... and if one of his chances had gone in, then people would have been raving about him.

Agree with Rob. He almost scored in his second game for us as well against Rapid Vienna with a beautifully timed run, put the ball just wide. Goal there and things might have been different, some players are like that. Played well against Rapid come to think of it. His 'awful' performances for us have gone from bad to worse as time has gone by it seems.

Still bugs me that Gary Penrice missed the mother of all chances in his debut vs Luton, he'd have gone on to massive things if he'd put that away :D

Think McLeish could be the man to get it out of him. All players are different and i think he needs a calming presence which he never really got under Houllier or Mancini but he got it from Sven and Hughes

He hardly played last season and even GH admitted he was fantastic in training. I don't think he has suddenly lost all his talent and I'm expecting a lot from him this season. I think he will be used either behind the striker or as a back up winger that drifts into the centre of the park.

I think there is a very good chance that he'll be a very good player for us in upcoming season, but it'll take at least some games for him to get back in speed since he haven't played for a while.

He has had a full pre-season, a manager who is backing him, a goal machine in front of him and no Ashley Young hogging the ball and refusing to pass to him.

If these are not the right conditions for Ireland to succeed at Villa then there is no hope for him.

I think he will have a great year, personally, but then again I am one of the "glass half full brigade"...

Me too ponky! My thoughts exactly.

We've also been dubbed as the 'happy clapping brigade'. :winkold: Either way.. being positive is.. positive!

Me too ponky! My thoughts exactly.

We've also been dubbed as the 'happy clapping brigade'. :winkold: Either way.. being positive is.. positive!

Does make me laugh that being positive is seen as such a negative thing within the Villa faithful. We're like the school equivalent of the chess club at the moment, while the misery arses stand around in the bike shed in their leather jackets, looking all cool, sharing a Silk Cut menthol between them. Swoon!