Stephen Ireland

Richard

Can we just put this one to bed now. He's never coming good, he's not going to be recapturing the form he never actually had, city mugged us off with this oxygen thief and we fell for it... end of, deal with it.

He's a poor man's Sasa Curcic and that's being generous.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ireland looked immense for 30 minutes before having to go off"......"Ireland was useless today, get rid". Ok before getting shot down quickly, completely different level of opposition obviously. He's hardly played in 2 years. Point i'm making is, it's all a bit fickle.

"Ireland looked immense for 30 minutes before having to go off"......"Ireland was useless today, get rid". Ok before getting shot down quickly, completely different level of opposition obviously. He's hardly played in 2 years. Point i'm making is, it's all a bit fickle.

I could look immense against walsall for 30 mins :lol:

I could look immense against walsall for 30 mins :lol:

You can take solace knowing that Osbourne would not :lol:

Dunne was fine. We're lucky to have him.

Laughable comment.

Seconded :lol:

Please say he was joking..... :lol:

Not joking but all means do keep laughing. Best centre half we have.

ireland didn't get into the game at all today

one view could be that he didnt get a chance as villa seemed constantly on the back-foot

another view could be he didn't work hard enough to make himself available

one thing that definitely worried/disappointed me was that he seemed to want to get rid of the ball as quick as possible everytime he got it. Makoun does this but always looks to give it to good areas, Ireland just gave it to however was closest to him!

Needs to up his game big time, we cannot afford to carry passengers in the hope that they MIGHT open up the opposition!

ireland didn't get into the game at all today

one view could be that he didnt get a chance as villa seemed constantly on the back-foot

another view could be he didn't work hard enough to make himself available

one thing that definitely worried/disappointed me was that he seemed to want to get rid of the ball as quick as possible everytime he got it. Makoun does this but always looks to give it to good areas, Ireland just gave it to however was closest to him!

Needs to up his game big time, we cannot afford to carry passengers in the hope that they MIGHT open up the opposition!

watched him closely off the ball he doesnt look interested at all bannan showed him up when he came on

I thought it was quite promising with his shot over the bar...not the shot obviously, but his positioning. He used to link up like that at Man City a fair bit, and scored a few goals in the Sven season.

hasn't played regularly in 2 years! so yeah maybe a few more games and we will see the best of him! hopefully!

The thing is, he was tasked to get near to Gabby, so that he could thread him through. Its not his fault that he recieved not one worthwhile ball from either Delph or Petrov, as they were completely over run.

I think he would of maybe got more of the ball ahd Makoun been in there with him.

Its also obvious that Eck is shuffling the midfielders around seeing what his best combo is, and the amount of times hes doing it, says hes not happy with what hes got.

Ireland was playing with Gabby being the lone striker today and, as we saw, Gabby doesn't play on the shoulder on the last defender in the same way as Bent does.

Ireland's game is all about through balls to the frontman, or surging runs past the defence, and that's not going to happen when playing with Gabby upfront and static midfield around him.

When Makoun came on, his passing and movement brought others into the game. We've yet to properly see Ireland in a midfield with Makoun and Delph with Bent up front, so lets hope we get the cahnce at Derby on Wednesday.