Stephen Ireland

Richard

Some of you are already thinking Ireland will do the business? I mean he only lasted about 40 mins before going off injured. Seems abit injury prone to rely on..

Taken off as a precaution in a pre-season friendly means he's injury prone? :shock:

If it was his first injury then your faux-shock would seem more justified.

This is the same player that went on a 6 month loan last year and spent 5 months of them on the treatment table by day and in the bars of Newcastle by night.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you are already thinking Ireland will do the business? I mean he only lasted about 40 mins before going off injured. Seems abit injury prone to rely on..

Bloody hell it was his first game in months, give him a chance!

Im still trying to find what odds i can get on SI making the team of the season, anyone help me out??

To be fair Rich, that is such an obscure bet that the only way of getting odds would be to walk into the bookies. I have no doubt they would bite your hand off though...

Got to be worth a tenner if he is 60 or 70/1.

You just never know, i mean what odds would you have had on Scott Parker winning player of the year at the start of last season? 50...60...70/1?

Which team of the season though?

Scott Parker won the Football Writer's POTY. You'd need to specify which team for the bookies to not wiggle out of paying up if you do somehow succeed with your bet. Obviously I hope you do. :D

Scott Parker won the Football Writer's POTY. You'd need to specify which team for the bookies to not wiggle out of paying up if you do somehow succeed with your bet. Obviously I hope you do. :D

Dont The Premier League do a team of the season?

Yep, Actim Index. :lol:

(ps. one you're really looking for is PFA team of year) although it's a waste of money.

(ps. one you're really looking for is PFA team of year) although it's a waste of money.

What do you mean a waste of money? :?

betting on Ireland to be in team of the year!

betting on Ireland to be in team of the year!

oh! :lol:

Ive got a feeling in my belly that he is going to be outstanding this season...although that may just be the chicken tikka madras from last night!?!? :?

Only problem is, will he remain fit?

That unfortunately, is not the only problem with Stephen Ireland.

The fact that we are hinging our hopes of success on this man shows what a sorry state the club is in.

IF Ireland could reproduce the promise, I just get the shudders at how many chances DB could be handed on a plate.

20 a season man? I'd put decent coin on it being Bents most prolific in a long time.

Only problem is, will he remain fit?

That unfortunately, is not the only problem with Stephen Ireland.

The fact that we are hinging our hopes of success on this man shows what a sorry state the club is in.

He only shone brightest in a team including Elano & Robinho, but what's that worth aye...

In AM, Ireland has chanced across a manager who is willing and capable of man managing him appropriately. Whether it brings out the best of him remains to be seen, but he'll get more of chance than he did last season and he does seem to be motivated since the change of manager.

he's worth a go, yes, based on the fact that we have no other choice and he is costing the club 80k a week on top of ~8 million of transfer fee. so far ~12 million for ~10 crappy appearances, and comments slating the club and how he wants to stay at Newcastle because they make him feel like family. worth ago, but i wouldnt't hold my breath on him being a villa saviour