Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was really happy tonight, had he not come off as a precaution he would have created several goals before half-time. Once he was gone we did appear to miss his presence it was a great debut for the guy.

PS. I know he's played for us before, but really this was his debut to me with his clean slate he played as if last season never happened.

I'm enjoying Mcleish's praise of him and Warnock in the press - it's exactly what they need, and exactly what will get the best out of them.

I agree, after all we all know that Warnock and Ireland used to be good players.

The key for me is when/if he bags his first goal. I think weReminds me of the Chelsea game last season. He had a glorious chance to score...but put it wide...I think we may have seen a different Ireland last year if he'd poked that chance home.

The nearest player we're going to get to Milner on his day. Come on Stevie, get your shit together and we'll worship you (and then sell you to a top four club next summer!)

if stephen ireland banged in 20 goals this season for us, none of the top 4 would still buy him

8)

With DB9's contribution we would be in the top 4;

OR

SI would then stay with us.

WIN - WIN

The nearest player we're going to get to Milner on his day. Come on Stevie, get your shit together and we'll worship you (and then sell you to a top four club next summer!)

I've never though of him as being like Milner.

Milner gets up and down the pitch winning the ball at one end then driving forward to release an attacking player at the other.

Ireland hangs around the edge of the box looking for one twos and little through balls for the strikers.

I suppose that's the upside in the current scenario. If Ireland performs we would have two players that would probably remain with us - Bent because he has been there with Spuds and seen it not working and Ireland who would be in a similar position but from Man City experience and would also, because of his rep, be unlikely to be of interest to a Big 4 side. Equally, the Zog (if we get him) should be on a 5 year contract and Albie is a Villa boy, so our front four should be pretty well tied up and going nowhere for the foreseeable.