Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish he'd been sold in Jan. The mere thought of him still techically under contract at AVFC makes me angry.

2 things to be a top-level footballer: talent and attitude. Both are arguably as important as each other. He is obviously bankrupt of the latter

I wish he'd been sold in Jan. The mere thought of him still techically under contract at AVFC makes me angry.

2 things to be a top-level footballer: talent and attitude. Both are arguably as important as each other. He is obviously bankrupt of the latter

i agree, it's also very debatable that he has any of the former also

Why was the guy injured for so long? He seemed to be out for months, yet still passed a medical at Newcastle nearly 3 months ago. Who signs a player on loan in those circumstances?

I don't think he could be arsed with football any more. He's made his money, and will always be bitter at the success of City.

Why was the guy injured for so long? He seemed to be out for months, yet still passed a medical at Newcastle nearly 3 months ago. Who signs a player on loan in those circumstances?

I don't think he could be arsed with football any more. He's made his money, and will always be bitter at the success of City.

I thought I had read somewhere that he is not costing the Toon a penny until he is fit to play which would mean we have covered his wages through the injury period??

Pardew told the Sunday Sun: “He is a top, top player. You have mentioned Jamie O’Hara and Daniel Sturridge to me, Stephen Ireland’s record suggests he is better than them.

“He will have a chance against Manchester United and then we can take him into Blackpool.”

I thought I had read somewhere that he is not costing the Toon a penny until he is fit to play which would mean we have covered his wages through the injury period??

He is on a pay-as-you play deal up there. I also think that is shared between us and Newcastle, with Villa paying the largest part of his wages..

Pardew told the Sunday Sun: “He is a top, top player. You have mentioned Jamie O’Hara and Daniel Sturridge to me, Stephen Ireland’s record suggests he is better than them.

“He will have a chance against Manchester United and then we can take him into Blackpool.”

Why do Newcastle always have to make personal references and comparisons to other clubs' players? I do not understand it at all.

“He will have a chance against Manchester United and then we can take him into Blackpool and leave him on the beach with the other donkeys.”

Fixed for you ;)