Stephen Ireland

Richard

Why would MON meet a player 3-4 days before he resigned? Surely he knew by then what he was going to do?

Then perhaps he should have resigned at the point he knew that he was going to resign rather than 5 days before the season started.

Maximum damage and all that.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would MON meet a player 3-4 days before he resigned? Surely he knew by then what he was going to do?

Then perhaps he should have resigned at the point he knew that he was going to resign rather than 5 days before the season started.

I don't get this maxium damage stuff.

I'm more to thinking he left because he was told no when he asked for the money to buy Aiden Mcgeady....Mcgeady was going over to Russia the same week MON left for a medical...MON knew it would be his only chance to put an offer in for Mcgeady and I believe he asked Paul to put an offer in for him and was told no....Not a short sharp no, but a no nonetheless....So he left.

That's what I've been telling myself all along and I've not seen anyone as of yet post anything that has changed my mind in any way.

I don't get this maxium damage stuff.

I'm more to thinking he left because he was told no when he asked for the money to buy Aiden Mcgeady....Mcgeady was going over to Russia the same week MON left for a medical...MON knew it would be his only chance to put an offer in for Mcgeady and I believe he asked Paul to put an offer in for him and was told no....Not a short sharp no, but a no nonetheless....So he left.

That's what I've been telling myself all along and I've not seen anyone as of yet post anything that has changed my mind in any way.

I actually agree with you. However, managers and their chairmen meet in pre-season. MON would have knew fine rightly that he had to cut the wage bill before going after other players. He very well could have asked for McGeady and promised to cut the wage bill straight after, but Lerner said do that first..

I actually agree with you. However, managers and their chairmen meet in pre-season. MON would have knew fine rightly that he had to cut the wage bill before going after other players. He very well could have asked for McGeady and promised to cut the wage bill straight after, but Lerner said do that first..

Which is why I believed something happened that made MoN resign. I never bought into this idea that MON's whole motive was to cause as much damage to the club, hardly helps his reputation in the game by doing that and he's never done anything like it before.

hardly helps his reputation in the game

Leaving like he did before the new season started would have people questioning him anyway i'd thought.. Clubs that may be looking to hire him as a manager will think long and hard about how he just left and would question whether they want such a person at the club.

Regardless of what he did to us i feel alot of clubs would jump at the chance for him to be their manager..

Look at West Ham they were willing to knife grant in the back to get him through the door.

If he came back in summer and got his head down i would give him another chance as their is talent in there. Just cant see it happening myself

he could come back and start performing as we know if he puts in the hard work

If he came back in summer and got his head down i would give him another chance as their is talent in there. Just cant see it happening myself

he could come back and start performing as we know if he puts in the hard work

Hard work? Stephen Ireland? :lol:

He is a one season wonder who is making a very good living because he happened to be at Mancs when the money was starting to be thrown at players. He is obviously a self destructive fruit loop who goes from one club to another slagging off the previous club. Personallly if I was the club I would have him committed and claim on the insurance. In reality however I think he will be off to a fizzy pop team where he will fail and disappear into the mire of obsecurity.

Stephen Ireland has revealed that he is happy at Newcastle and would be open to staying beyond the end of the season.

The midfielder moved to St James' Park on loan from Aston Villa in January but has yet to make his debut for the Magpies due to injury.

However, manager Alan Pardew hinted last month that a long-term contract could be agreed and Ireland admits that is something he would be interested in.

The 24-year-old is looking for some stability and is hopeful of remaining on Tyneside, either on a permanent arrangement or a new loan deal.

He told the Chronicle: "This is a good place for me to settle in the next few months, and who knows what could happen in the summertime.

"It could turn out to be permanent. We don't know, or it could turn into a loan again.

"We will see what happens in the next two months."

Isolated

Ireland is fit and available for selection again and could be given a first opportunity to impress Pardew when Newcastle face Manchester United next Tuesday.

He has not played since turning out for Villa in December, having fallen down the pecking order under Gerard Houllier.

"It has been an absolute nightmare - it feels like I have not kicked a ball for so long," he said.

"I have not played competitively for so long and it has been difficult.

"When the new manager came in at Villa, I was left out of eight squads in a row - and that hurts.

"The lads were going away to hotels and playing games, and I felt really isolated at home."

http://tinyurl.com/6l2exbs

"When the new manager came in at Villa, I was left out of eight squads in a row - and that hurts.

"The lads were going away to hotels and playing games, and I felt really isolated at home."

Of course being INJURED had nothing to do with him being out of the squad, it was down to the new manager coming in. Deity on Bike, even I can't blame GH for Ireland being out of the team.

Men in white coats please, this one's mad and needs sedating.