Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

More than he deserved after a cracking season!

While initially I was thinking that 3 years might be a bit too short and I would prefer to see him penning a 4 or 5 year deal - I can see what Lambert is thinking with these young players and hopefully it will work. Same as with Baker, hopefully its a pat on the back and a bit more in his pocket, while keeping the player's feet on the ground. He's not hit the ceiling yet and can keep on improving (hopefully with us for the long term!).

All in all, top stuff and let's hope it gives Benteke something to think about... 

Brilliant news.

Summers going quite well so far.

You want to be careful John.  You'll lose that "pessimist" tag you are (incorrectly I might add) given

That's a really good trick - hadn't thought of that before.

So, a new trick learnt on VT and Andi has signed for 3 more years. A very good day!

Reading that press release reminded me of the game against Rapid Vienna when he was stretchered off and all the RV fans threw bottles of water (and other missiles?) at him. Extraordinary behaviour. Some day they need to get their comeuppance.

yeah great trick

Edited by Richard
  • Like 1

Too slow Brian ;)

I was not! He edited :) #underhandtrick

Guilty!

That's a really good trick - hadn't thought of that before.

So, a new trick learnt on VT and Andi has signed for 3 more years. A very good day!

Reading that press release reminded me of the game against Rapid Vienna when he was stretchered off and some of the RV fans threw bottles of water (and other missiles?) at him. Extraordinary behaviour. Some day they need to get their comeuppance.

Edited by briny_ear

I love the reasons he gave about signing a new contract. It really instills that feel good factor and that optimism to us supporters for the first time in a while. It's nice to finally have some stability in regards to a manager and finally we can stop using the word transitional describing every season coming up.

Hopefully Benteke will sign and then already it's been an outstanding summer.

Good news, but I would have liked it to be 4-5 years - with 3 years we are back in this situation again next year......... 

Actually, we'll be back in this situation the year after next. He was into his final year before he signed the new one. He'll have two years to go this time next year.

As someone said, shorter contracts for promising but not absolutely proven talent keeps them hungry.

Â