Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I actually didn't think he did play that well yesterday. Can't fault effort and work off the ball but I thought again he was pretty poor when he had the ball.

there's a surprise, do you ever say anything positive?

Haha yes I did. Doesn't mean I have to think everyone or everything is great. I didn't think weimman was that good yesterday on the ball

I've not thought he has been as poor as a lot on here. His movement and runs have been strong, on the ball not as good... But having those basics right with others clicking around him will lead to more chances like today's. Nice one andi!

Still don't rate him.  His touch is terrible and his decision making is worse.  Can see him being sold at some point and playing as a striker as I really don't think he should be playing in the positions he currently does for us. This season he has played left midfield, right midfield, attacking midfielder, second striker, wing forward and striker. It's not his fault that he is playing these positions and hopefully he will become a better player for it and prove me wrong.

The thing that was never deserved was people doubting his work rate and crap like that.

yes agree and the talk about him not being bothered since he got his new contract, and not being fit. He hasn't had a good season so far but I'm hoping that saturday will be his catalyst. 

Edited by PaulC

Against Liverpool his job was to sit on Gerrard and deny him space which he did to great aplomb particularly in the first half.

However I do think he is rather limited in overall ability and at the time he was given a new contract although I didn't state it on here I did believe that we would have been better selling him when his stock was high.

If we could get around 4m-6m for him I think he would be the one player we should sacrifice at the moment to allow Lambert to bring in an AM but would there be anyone interested in him?

However I do think he is rather limited in overall ability and at the time he was given a new contract although I didn't state it on here I did believe that we would have been better selling him when his stock was high.

he had a year left on his deal, we werent going to get more than 2  million for him with his limited experience

I like him  - although he has been ineffective until recently this season - I like him because I dont see too many players in the League scoring the goal he did against Liverpool and some of the others before.  When on song although he lacks a bit of touch he is a threat to other sides and something a bit unpredictable which can be vital.  I just dont think we have seen him at his best for a good while, hopefully the last week or so sees that changing.  I thought he played well for the most part against Pool, his well discussed role against Gerrard and particualrly his running off the ball in the first half as we attacked.

Hoping he has got the sluggishness out of his system.

Talking to a redscouse mate this morning. As well as ripping Gerrard to shreds, he was gobsmacked that Weimann has been getting so much flak.

He also agreed we should have out of sight by half time.

I like Weimann, and even in his 15+ games without a goal, I've not jumped on the 'get rid' bandwagon. <br />

<br />

He is our Dirk Kuyt. He runs a lot and has an 'okay' end product (whether it be passing/crossing/ shooting). I didn't like seeing people get on his back in his bad spell. I think it's obvious he's been lacking in confidence, but I still think he's a good squad member.<br />

<br />

He could be replaced in the first eleven, but also he's a good option, if the opposition/tactic fits. <br />

<br />

I quite like him in the number ten role. His work rate adds to the midfield battle, as the game against Liverpool showed. <br />

<br />

I've wanted him to do well since he got injured against Vienna and the home fans threw water at him. I hope one day we get to play Vienna again, with Weimann in the team, and we smash them 10-0!

• Like 2

I do think, though that he needed to be dropped occasionally. Playing him only compounded the problem, for him as well as the fans and it was clear he needed to just take a step back, get his head together and then bounce back.

I think he's the prime example of a confidence player, but apart from that his workrate and effort are fine. Lets just hope that goal gives him back the edginess he had to his game last season.

Edited by AValon

Not reached the "heights" of last season in terms of his performance but it was his debut season I guess in terms of the fact he played a load of games,  so this may be second season syndrome

Has a bit to do to recapture good performance

• 2 weeks later...
Â