Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

To be fair to Weimann, he isn't a wide forward or #10. He is basically a glorified poacher with his instinct in the box and his composure in front of goal (though he doesn't even seem to have this anymore) being his main strengths.

This.

I like Andi's work rate but he's got to up his game now. End of last season I gave him the benefit of the doubt seen as he played pretty much every game and it was his first season. If anything, I think he's trying a bit too hard at the moment.

Not happening, fcuked up that decent chance in the first half with a woeful finish (especially as Gabby was unmarked).

In fairness he did produce that good cross that Gabby fcuked up in the second but I'm struggling to think of much else he did in the game.

It's worth remembering he didn't actually score a league goal until November 10th last season and he went on to have a very decent campaign but even when he wasn't scoring last year he had a spark in his game which doesn't seem to be the case this year.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he's on the bench v Norwich.

Played crap today, don't know if anyone else noticed in the warm up before the game he and about 5 others were taking shots I'm pretty all of his missed the goal.

Needs to be on the bench and given 15 mins at the end to regain some form maybe

Played crap today, don't know if anyone else noticed in the warm up before the game he and about 5 others were taking shots I'm pretty all of his missed the goal.

Needs to be on the bench and given 15 mins at the end to regain some form maybe

I was watching this aswell he scuffed all his wide

I thought tonev was a player who can play in the wide positions.

So did I, but today came on and went central

I think everyone went central at when Kozak came on.

Our tactics for gabby and weimman/tonev seemed to be to get close to the two big men and hope for a knock down.

Been disappointed in Andi so far. Capable of alot more. Definately agree a spell on the bench could do him good. Give Tonev a couple of games.

I don't think Andi's been as bad as many here are saying, but I still agree with this. Except that I'm not a big fan of Tonev. I think one game would do.

Edited by AVTuco

Been disappointed in Andi so far. Capable of alot more. Definately agree a spell on the bench could do him good. Give Tonev a couple of games.

Is he capable of a lot more in the position he is played though? To be a successful wide-player you need to have a fair amount of:

- decision-making

- intelligence

- creativity

- awareness

I don't believe he does.

The one chance we created from open play yesterday was the only time we played it down the wing, when Andi got the ball and put a cross in for Gabby to spoon wide when he should have scored. I don't think this narrow play is helping him, too many players in a small amount of space.

Â