Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Weimann has intelligent movement off the ball but isn't very intelligent on it.

Yeah fair enough, that is a good way of putting it.

Don't get me wrong, he's a fantastic player and we're better with him then without him for sure. Love his work rate and application. 

I also wouldn't say Benteke and Gabby are that intelligent players. (Look at how often Cb strays offside)

Disagree about Benteke. Some of the things he can do on the ball can only be done by players with a great reading of the game. The first moment that made me realise he could be something special was actually his dummy in the build-up to our second at home to United. His failure to learn the offside rule is the exception in this regard.

Weimann has played his part in two very good displays against Top 4 level teams.  He was disappointing against Arsenal, but still provided the assist for a goal.  He's part of what make the forward line so effective, and I wouldn't want to see that change.

When the team plays as well as we have the 1st two games and we've looked like scoring in both, I don't see why anyone would want to change the team. Don't think he's played badly, just had some shots well saved. Can see him kicking on as soon as one goes in

Tough start to the season but I think Andy has been very poor so far.

Our front 3 is the key to our success and I don't think we can afford for one of them to play this poor.

Hopefully a rest and lesser opposition will see a return to form.

He was poor again today but it's understandable in a way. For me, he is in no way, shape or form, a right winger. His passing and dribbling aren't great. But what he does have is a good work ethic and has the right attitude. He'd rather be playing centrally but applies himself well and has that handy knack of snatching a goal now and then. 

I like him, but not on the right.

He seems to be playing a lot wider than I remember last season - don't think he suits him. He needs to be sniffing around the outside of the box.  Not playing great at the mo - but don't see anyone in the squad who I would replace him with.

Â