Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Delph's stamina and will be invaluable in Brazil.

Gerrard, Henderson, Barkley and Barry are big plodders who won't last the pace when it gets hot and humid.

have you watched Henderson play recently? his workrate is one of if not his best attribute.

• Like 2

How is what I said racist? It's sizest. Based on the fact Delph's little and slight and the other 4 are big plodders.

Being a big plodder is not good for distance running. when it gets hot and humid distance running is even harder.

(please don't go around calling people racist for completely stupid reasons. it's a serious accusation that should not be cheapened.)

How is what I said racist? It's sizest. Based on the fact Delph's little and slight and the other 4 are big plodders.

Being a big plodder is not good for distance running. when it gets hot and humid distance running is even harder.

(please don't go around calling people racist for completely stupid reasons. it's a serious accusation that should not be cheapened.)

I think it was a joke mate.

What you said was bullshit. That better?

Well, Delph is black and can handle the heat. The others are white and apparently cannot.

So being tall means you won't last long in the heat? What the ****?

Not necessarily the tall. There are distance runners over 6'. It's weight.

I did wonder whether Milner should also be on the list of plodders. He's pretty stocky.

Stamina is going to be a huge factor in Brazil.

That's one reason only to take Gerrard out of the over-30s and not Barry or Lampard.

So being tall means you won't last long in the heat? What the ****?

Not necessarily the tall. There are distance runners over 6'. It's weight.

I did wonder whether Milner should also be on the list of plodders. He's pretty stocky.

Stamina is going to be a huge factor in Brazil.

That's one reason only to take Gerrard out of the over-30s and not Barry or Lampard.

Weight? Have you seen Barkley? Henderson even? They're hardly plodders with no stamina are they. Same goes for Milner.

Edited by samjp26

Delph's stamina and will be invaluable in Brazil.

Gerrard, Henderson, Barkley and Barry are big plodders who won't last the pace when it gets hot and humid.

Once again, are you serious about Henderson? He runs around as much as any player in the league.

Con I get your point and that players with higher weight would get more tired. I remember Barry having a hard time in South Africa even thought the majority if England's matches being played in the afternoon. But putting Henderson and Barkley in the same category is just stupid. Barkley is an offensive player but does his defensive duties when needed and Henderson literally covers every yard every game. Same goes for Delph.

Milner is also a player known for his work rates and could easily run 90 minutes. With that said, who knows maybe even Delph, witch you are considering as the best of them all stamina wise, would have the power to run 90 minutes in Brazil. I love Delph and would love him to be in the England squad but there are still one or two players with both better reputation and attributes and he knows it himself.

I don't disagree Henderson, Milner and Barkley are great athletes in the Premier League. However, it is a totally different climate. Powerful players like the mud and cold, they don't like the heat.

Different race horses perform better in different conditions under hoof. Similar for footballers. Powerful players do better in the mud. In the heat and dry Neymar lightweights will have a field day.

We need an England manager who understands Delph will gets a climate related bonus to his performances in Brazil.

AVFCRAMTIN - good point about Barry wilting in South Africa.

• Like 1

This may sound selfish but I'm sick of our better players getting England games then totally over hyped by the media. The only thing it leads to is us having to sell them on.

There is plenty of time for Delph to play for England in the future if and when he is good enough.

It's not gonna be THAT hot, is it? It's winter down there after all. Maybe around 20 c? I lived in South Africa for a few years, and during the WC the west side of the country was at a guess around 10 c most days.

Â