Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

The club was at the end of a "cycle" (the O'Neill era) when it decided to cut its losses on various O'Neill signings.  We are in a new cycle now and I can't see anyone being sold.  

It seems to me as though, because we have all but guaranteed our league safety, people are now looking for something else to needlessly worry and stress about.  I'm very much looking forward to the summer and seeing who we add to the squad - enjoy the ride folks and stop needlessly stressing.

I think its more to do with Delph only having a year left on his deal than simply 'needlessly stressing' - I hope that he signs on the dotted line within the next few months, which looks likely if we're to believe reports.

The majority of footballers won't show much loyalty to a club, and in a way I can't really blame them as you have to get what's best for you. If we offer Delph a suitable contract, then yes he probably will sign, but if we are still trying to cut losses and lower wage bills I can't see him getting an increase. If so then he would be right to move for a better contract.

The majority of footballers won't show much loyalty to a club, and in a way I can't really blame them as you have to get what's best for you. If we offer Delph a suitable contract, then yes he probably will sign, but if we are still trying to cut losses and lower wage bills I can't see him getting an increase. If so then he would be right to move for a better contract.

The word is that we've offered him a pay rise, so maybe he'll stay and it also bodes well for salaries in the future.

The club was at the end of a "cycle" (the O'Neill era) when it decided to cut its losses on various O'Neill signings. We are in a new cycle now and I can't see anyone being sold.

It seems to me as though, because we have all but guaranteed our league safety, people are now looking for something else to needlessly worry and stress about. I'm very much looking forward to the summer and seeing who we add to the squad - enjoy the ride folks and stop needlessly stressing.

If only I could be as cool as you. My hero.

Jesus the over reactions on here, all of a sudden Delph is a world beater we are scared to lose? Come off it. As I've said several times he is not THAT good! (Yet?)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Agree people talking about pay rises and or cashing in getting carried away methinks LOL  :D  :D What do they mean by cash in? Sell to Real Madrid for £20 million or to Hull for £4 million? I can tell you which is the most likely scenario if needs be. Christ on a bike!

He's been on 30k a week since he's been here, which is a bloody long time. The guy must already be a multi-millionaire. Offer him 35k maybe. No more than this though.

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 1

He can open teams up, which is priceless....also his gangly style makes him elusive, he's awkward to defend against.

he is still learning and getting better....signs are very good from Delph.

Jesus the over reactions on here, all of a sudden Delph is a world beater we are scared to lose? Come off it. As I've said several times he is not THAT good! (Yet?)

Yeah, stop praising our player!

• Like 2

Nobody has said cash in, nobody has said he is a world beater.

However, he is one of our best players and his contract ends in a year, is that not something we should want sorted?

As for the payrise, here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-fabian-delph-set-3265470

The £30k a week talk is nonsense, HH told us it is well above that and Delph currently earns more than Benteke.

Edited by samjp26

The club was at the end of a "cycle" (the O'Neill era) when it decided to cut its losses on various O'Neill signings. We are in a new cycle now and I can't see anyone being sold.

It seems to me as though, because we have all but guaranteed our league safety, people are now looking for something else to needlessly worry and stress about. I'm very much looking forward to the summer and seeing who we add to the squad - enjoy the ride folks and stop needlessly stressing.

If only I could be as cool as you. My hero.

Madam, you are making me blush!

I don't mind us giving pay rises to players who are performing to a high level. I wouldn't begrudge Delph becoming our highest earner, even if it largely due to an over-inflated wage from previous regimes. He's clearly part of the spine of the team with Guzan, Vlaar, Benteke, Westwood and Gabby that we need to build with. My problem is taking punts on new players who demand high wages they don't deserve.

Has Delph got a song yet?? The boy has earned one if not to the tune of Agadoo.

Fabian Delph Delph Delph if it's quacks it's a duck

Fabian Delph Delph Delph his back flick was not luck

To the left to the right he has the ball on a string

When he scored that goal he makes us all want to sing.

Repeat!

Sorry got to stop sniffing that Ajax!!

• Like 1

Watching Soccer Saturday and they just voted over who would be in the England squad at the moment between Cleverley and Delph, they all picked Delph! LISTEN ROY LISTEEEEEEEEEN.

Edited by AVFCRAMTIN
  • Like 1

Yeah, stop praising our player!

Not what I was insinuating in the slightest... :huh:

Bit of plagiarism I know but how about -

Delph,

Delph will tear you apart,

Again.

It fits right with the type of player he is. When he turns it on he's a wrecking ball. The Baggies used to sing it for Tchoyi, a similar type of player.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Watching Soccer Saturday and they just voted over who would be in the England squad at the moment between Cleverley and Delph, they all picked Delph! LISTEN ROY LISTEEEEEEEEEN.

To be honest that's a no brainer. But then I'd take Wilshere, Gerrard, Henderson, Milner, Barry and Barkley over either of them.

Â